[Bass] Orange OBC Stack with my Darkglass

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I found my 6 strings bass and went for a wonderful Dingwall Combustion. I found a band 1 week after having my bass.. Wonderful! <3

I have a Darkglass Microtubes v2 900, and tried an Orange OBC 410 cab during Xmas holidays. I loved the sound and the gowl I had with it! I sent it back to the shop because the shipping damaged it (logo, cosmetics only, but for a full price I obviously want it brand new!)

Several questions:

1- I ordered an Orange OBC 410 again and received it 2 days ago, but I don't find again the growl I had... I wonder why, as it's the same configuration, settings, EQ, etc... Any clues?

2- What impedance should I select at the back of my Darkglass head? 2 or 4 ohms? (Orange cabs are 8 omhs). I tried both, to check the sound, but I don't think there was a huge difference to me...

3- An Orange OBC 115 is on the way, to cover a fuller range, and this stack was my dream!
If I want to plug both cabs (the 410 and the 115), what impedance should I select this time? 2 or 4 ohms?

4- Which way should I plug ?

Darkglass > speaker output 1 > Orange OBC 410
> speaker output 2 > Orange OBC 115

or

Darkglass > speaker output 1 (or 2) > Orange OBC 410 and another cable from 410 > Orange 115

Thank's in advance for the help, and sorry for my English/American.

Love & Light!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
1) The type of floor can make a difference in the sound if the cabinet is on the floor. Do you have it in the same place?

Are your strings old but were new the first time?

2) and 3) The answer probably is in the Darkglass manual, but I assume 4 ohms for both situations and the amp will only make full power with both cabs.

4) Should not matter.

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Dear Cardinal,

Thank's so much for your reply!

I ordered another Obc 410 to compare it to the first 410 received, and yes, they sound differently...
The "new" one (arrived with a lot of dings and without the plate "Orange" which was damaged during shipping, thank's to the fkers playing football with our packages) is more aggressive and fits me better!

Unfortunatly I need to send it back as it's damaged (once again!).

I tried the 2 obc 410 together and the sound is really incredible!
I tried too the "new" 410 with the 115 (received yesterday), and it's really nice too! My impression is that it seems that one of the two cabs is sounding with less volume, when I play the 410+115... Strange.

I'm gonna play it again! Too good with the dingwall!