Beato interviews Brendan O’Brien

• Thread starter Noisy Humbucker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score

I love STP, Soundgarden, RATM, and Korn, but I especially appreciate the acknowledgement of how killer Dogman from King’s X is (and the shared frustration and confusion over the relative commercial failure of it).

P.S. I did a quick search beforehand, but if this was posted elsewhere please nuke it.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neurosis

Reaction score
Dogman from King’s X
That's a killer album. Good singing and has that beefy/fat groove riffing with the more spank or bright guitars that talk back (on that tune anyway). I feel these guys were kinda late to one thing and too early for the next. They sort of fell between movements at a time where radio wasn't as diverse and you either were a part of the mainstream sound or not.

I think their look was more funk and the album art all over the place over the years so at a time when print was essential they weren't too consistent with it. I don't know why they didn't stick like many contemporaries since they are clearly a very accomplished group of musicians...