Beginner, looking for some new things to play.

Mandee

Reaction score
Hi 7S community. Just joined here today. I wanted to ask a question to all you smart guitar people.

My dad just bought me my first acoustic nylon string classical guitar and I've been having so much fun playing the limited songs I know how to play on it.

I've had it for a month and havn't even touched my electric guitar since then. I think I'm hooked!

But for the question, all I know how to play is Kemp's Jig, Greensleeves, a few acoustic video game pieces and a few pieces by Steve Howe.

I really like the classical/medieval lute kind of sound. If anyone has any recommendations for more songs of the same kind of genre that aren't too complicated to play, I would love to learn them! Thank you so so much for taking the time to read this all. ^^

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
I will soon re-start with classical, I miss it a lot. I find myself playing classical tunes on the electric, and it is not that convenient :)

To answer to your question, have a look at Adrien Le Roy repertory. Goes from easy to quite tricky, tunes are those of 16th century, what we normally associate with "medieval tune".