Beginning Modifications to my TAM10!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
H/S *would* be sick. That's how I roll. :yesway:

Question, though... Why is it so popular to have the volume knob back in the tone knob slot? I've never had a reason to want to move mine, but I'm just curious what folks like about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Question, though... Why is it so popular to have the volume knob back in the tone knob slot? I've never had a reason to want to move mine, but I'm just curious what folks like about it.
I prefer how it looks on an otherwise clean pickguard and also don't run the risk of hitting it while I'm playing. I never roll back the volume anyways, so might as well have it out of my way.

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Thanks for all the cool feedback guys! Much appreciated.

First of all, a quick update: tonight I received my Black Sperzel 4x4 set with the larger routed 7th and 8th string pegs from a reputable eBay seller.. they look awesome! Love the modern/sleek "gear" vibe that the tuners have. I'm super stoked to have my tech do the installation tomorrow. I will post pictures with results afterwards.. Hopefully this will offer me the tuning stability I desire from the guitar. It's phenomenal, but I easily find myself spoiled by the Edge FX-III bridge system on my RG2228A.

@jsl2h90: Thanks for the advice bud, will do. My tech is quite meticulous, and if the tuners aren't working out, I will return them and order a Schaller set.

@shitsøn: Super cool idea! If I wasn't already addicted to all the tonal capabilities this guitar offers.. I'd be down, hahah!

@Sonic Anomaly: Those mockups are... AWESOME. 10/10 Would do if had the resources and hardware. Wow.

@StevenC: Will research more into the tortoise knobs.. those would be way too baller in my opinion. Do want.

@VBCheeseGrater: Totally agreed, I'm seriously looking into getting CNC plecking(sp?) done on both the TAM10 and my RG2228A. Thanks for the kind words as well!

Also to everyone else thank you for the cool input.. I'm really interested in exploring Pickguard/Tuning Knob options and such. Also please if anybody else is making steps with their TAM10, I'd love if everyone would share their progress and input in the thread as well! Also, I'm thinking about buying her a pair of heels or two... :lol:

Oh, and: The Sperzel set! Please excuse the DiMarzio Illuminators that are going in my tiny little RG7620! Only had time for a quick Instagram tonight...
w737cqB.jpg

Cheers guys, will be back soon with more pictures!

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
Okay djents... here it is!

NEBU42y.jpg

The Guitar Tech at the GC I work at did a wonderful job with the installation (per usual.. the dude is a wizard with working on guitars and has helped me learn so friggen much) the pegs fit perfectly with a small drill to accommodate the new tuners (stock tuners had two small L/R holes, a center one was made to accommodate these machines) ..So far they are absolutely awesome, and I also think they look badass. The benefits are instantly recognizable. On to the next mod!

BIG thanks to SportHiTech on eBay... great seller, awesome communication, and their shipping was instant. Totally rad.

Cheers,

Tray