Bernie Rico 727.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
awesome - congrats! I need another Rico!

UntilTheBones

UntilTheBones
Reaction score
Update on my BRJ Jeckyll 7...

Guitar still under construction but close!

Here's the latest pic! :metal:

Attachments

• DaveD_Jekyll_727_4.jpg
    DaveD_Jekyll_727_4.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 169

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
This is the first Rico I've seen that I REALLY liked. Nicely done man. :yesway:

UntilTheBones

UntilTheBones
Reaction score
BRJ ARRIVES!

There's no better way to wake up on a Saturday morning! You're a genius BRJ. Words can't even describe how BADASS this guitar is.

Will post a bunch of pics this weekend for anyone that's interested in seeing it complete and thinking about one for yourself. It's world's beyond any picture though...more to come!

:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:

Attachments

• daved_brj7.jpg
    daved_brj7.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 139

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
you got it !!
Booyah!!!!
more pics and a complete review......................."stat"!!!!!
congrats!!!!:shred::shred::shred::shred::shred::shred:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You got it!! So what was the total time from ordering until delivery? It seems that BRJs build times have gone from 3-4 months to 9 months or so. Did you order this in the fall, or....

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys if you want a quality hand-built custom guitar it's going to take time. I've never gotten the massive hangup some people have with build times. If you're not willing to wait, buy something off the shelf :2c:

From the one tiny little pic :squint: this looks great, congrats :yesway:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Guys if you want a quality hand-built custom guitar it's going to take time. I've never gotten the massive hangup some people have with build times. If you're not willing to wait, buy something off the shelf :2c:

From the one tiny little pic :squint: this looks great, congrats :yesway:

I took Hollowway's question as simply asking for an example of how accurate BRJ's estimated build times are, not as him saying he had an issue with waiting a long time.

There's a difference between waiting a year when you're told a year and waiting a year when you're told 3 months (I'm not saying this is the case with anyone in particular, simply giving an example to illustrate my point)

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Sweet we need more pics for sure but your probably to busy playing the hell out of it. :shred:

It seems more people over the last year have seen/heard how great Bernie's guitars are so he's been pretty busy working on all the incoming orders.

My 1st Jekyll I believe was a 7 month wait, but apparently he wasn't totally happy with the stain color on the quilt top and redid the whole guitar.

Now I have been waiting over 10 months for my 2nd Jekyll and yeah the wait is excruciating ,especially since I have a ton of free time currently and would love to have it in my hands to abuse. I also know the wait will be worth it because of BRJ quality.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I took Hollowway's question as simply asking for an example of how accurate BRJ's estimated build times are, not as him saying he had an issue with waiting a long time.

There's a difference between waiting a year when you're told a year and waiting a year when you're told 3 months (I'm not saying this is the case with anyone in particular, simply giving an example to illustrate my point)

True, but I've also seen a lot of "oh go with builder X he only has X month build times!!!!".

To the OP WE NEED MORE PICS! :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
True, but I've also seen a lot of "oh go with builder X he only has X month build times!!!!".
That's true. For me, I'm totally comfortable waiting. I know that Bernie's got a lot of builds going for a bunch of us now, so I think he's a lot busier. But I personally am totally ok to wait, I was just curious what his lead times are. He's got a great reputation and beautiful guitars.