Best amp for my needs.

blukrr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

first post here. I planning on buying a Mesa Boogie by the end of this year, I really like the tonal flexibility of some of them.

The ones I really liked are:
1) Mark V
2) Roadster
3) Triple Rectfier

The only problem is that I live in Brazil and we don't have a lot of authorized servicing places or people that know how to fix this kind of stuff. So I wanted to get an amp that will fulfill my needs and also be the most simple in terms of the electric parts and circuit.

Also I live in a apartment and I know that the Roadster and the Trirec have only a 50/100W power switch, but the Mark V has a 10/45/90W switch which will work best in this subject.

I would to hear, if possible, some personal opnions of how loud those amps have to be to give the best experience possible, and if they are easy to fix. I know I might never have to get one to any servicing but I can't take this risk in Brazil.

Thanks in advance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
Srs question. Have you played the amps you listed?

FWIW, the mark v on the 10 watt setting in variac power mode can still make your ears bleed!

Reaction score
FYI you can pull two power amp tunes from most amps and make them run at 50 watts but...

The volume difference between 50 amd a 100 watts is not much.

Also the mini recto is not a metal amp in the same way a dual is.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
You have to run them all pretty loud to get them to kick in a bit, there's no deciding factor for that. I personally don't like the sound of the mark V at 10W and even when used quietly would prefer to leave it 90, I always ran my Roadster at 50W though. Cab has a much bigger impact on volume. If you ran into a 112 you could turn the volume much higher on the amp and it won't be so loud.

The three amps all sound very different so you need to try them, but I can say I've never had a Roadster go wrong, but there were a couple of technical hitches with the 5 when it came out.

blukrr

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the replies,

sorry for taking this long to answer I thought I was going to receive a email when someone replied, I guess I missed it.

I've never played any of those amps, I'm planning on buying it blind folded.

All I know from those amps is what I've watched from vids.

Thanks I'll keep this in mind.

TheProgWay

Reaction score
I was really impressed with how loud V on 10W got and the great sound that came out of it. I'd say go for that. The mini rectos I didn't really care for too much! Hope this helps

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
They'll all sound different, with the Roadster sounding more like a Triple Rec then a Mark V. The Mark series and Rectifier series are two different beasts - I don't know which will better suit your playing style. I had a Roadster in a townhouse next to a baby's bedroom, 2 noise complaints in 2 years.

Do you plan on getting a jam space?

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Srs question. Have you played the amps you listed?

FWIW, the mark v on the 10 watt setting in variac power mode can still make your ears bleed!

yeah, 10 watts can loud BUT I've yet to play an amp that i can't turn down. I think the whole "Bedroom volume" thing is overrated, especially when you get a call from Lamb of God to fill in on guitar and show up with your 25 watt 1x12.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Because you get that call a lot? :lol:

The bedroom volume thing is not overrated if that is, in fact, where you play 90% of the time. ;)

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
As an owner of a Triple Rectifier and having played the Mark V and Roadster, in my opinion you should go with the Roadster. You can get pretty close to "Mark" tones on both Rectifiers on the Vintage mode, but you can't get Rectifier tones out of a Mark V. As far as the Recto vs. Roadster question, the roadster is nearly the same amp, but with another channel and several more tonal options (including reverb) It'll cost more than a Recto, but it'll definitely be worth it!