Best dimarzio neck pickup?

• Thread starter ProphetOfHatred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Air Classic Neck, Air Norton and Breed Neck is my favourites. Humbucker From Hell is cool also but it's extremely bright so it might not be for everyone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vividox

Reaction score
I never got the "blazes are scooped" thing. They have a ton of lower mids to them, and never struck me as terribly scooped. Dimarzio's description and tone chart implies that they are scooped, but I disagree - the midrange is just concentrated a bit lower in frequency. As long as you don't then go and scoop your amp, you should be fine.

It probably doesn't help that for the longest time they were the only seven string pickups Dimarzio made, and when they introduced an alternative, it was the Tone Zone 7, which is VERY middy. By comparison, anything else seems scooped. :lol:

But, the Blaze bridge is one of my favorite seven string pickups I've played - it's the sound of SO many classic seven string guitar recordings, so it's just kind of what I'm used to hearing when I play something on the low B. I don't think anyone would describe "Awake" or "Covenant" as scooped sounding albums, you know?
This is good stuff, thanks for the response. It's almost like I need to try something before I get all judgemental about it. :lol:

onefingersweep

Reaction score
How do the higher-output pups compare to the Air Classic for you?

To be honest I haven't tried many high output pickups in the neck position. It was a long time ago I had the Air Classics now but I remember that I loved them, I regret selling the guitar I had them in. They are versatile, sounds great for exactly everything if you have the right amps.