Best djent amp out there?

• Thread starter DrunkenBam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenBam

Roze
Reaction score
SUp foos
just wondering what amp is producing the best djent tone out there right now currently lookin at peavey 6505+, mesa tripple rectifier, or and engl(dunno what model). Budget is 2000-2200 for the head and then a dece cab to go along maybe an orange? thoughts? thanks:fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aftertheburial13

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with a used 6505 and you still got cash left over for more gear. Never played the 6505 plus but I heard for the extra money for the improved clean channel it still sucks.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
EVH 5150III.

That's it. Fuck ENGL. Fuck Mesa. Fuck Peavey.

Just get the EVH5150III. It is the perfect amp.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Just about any high gain amp can produce a 'djenty' tone. It mostly just comes down to voicing among other qualities, and it's all preference really. Just listen to clips on youtube or whatever.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Any of the amps listed will do fine, you'll want a decent noise gate and possibly a boost pedal. Some people also like compressors. It's all really up to taste and technique. You could also look into a used axe fx standard or ultra. That way you have all your amp, cab, effect etc needs sorted and you just need to think about how you're going to amplify it.

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
I'm an ENGL whore myself, so I'd say Savage. I can never get myself to really like Peavey and EVH stuff personally. Very specific kind of tone that just doesn't sit with me. To each their own, though.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
I agree with the ENGL and the Peavey 6505+. One company I would keep an eye on, if they can keep improving their stability issues are, Bugera. The Bugera 6262/6260 sound so bad-ass.

Just not sold on the Infinium Technology just yet. Really, really, really, want to though.

Reaction score
If Meshuggah can do it on valvestates with G12T-75s, it can be done on pretty much anything with high gain.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Dont get an amp, get an AXE FX, a power amp, and any cab you like that isnt a piece of crap.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Either that or one of those DAR amps. Not necessarily the FBM( if it ever comes out)
But it would certaintly blow your budget to the skies :p

EOT

I pull over 500 lbs.
Reaction score
The DAR FBM will "djent" like no other... And I don't even like djent. Beyond that, you can get there with several other amps. It's not some magical sound that only certain pieces of gear can achieve.

karjim

Set the World Afire
Reaction score
Fryette Pitbull UL + MAXON 808 + 2 noise Gate + Ubercab212= Tightest Mofo Od
DJENT = Tight Sound + Noob Chuggah Chuggah on low string ? :)

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Just about any high gain amp can produce a 'djenty' tone. It mostly just comes down to voicing among other qualities, and it's all preference really. Just listen to clips on youtube or whatever.

i have to agree with this... Just because I've heard so many people get a nice tight djent tone from such a wide variety of amps. I even got a nice one with my blackstar HT-50. It just depends on how you EQ it