Best free vst/plugins?

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vejichan

Reaction score
if you were going to record a metal/djent with nothing but free vsts/plugs .. which would you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aion

Reaction score
If you're doing everything direct (except vocals) I would use:

Lepou amps
LeCab, probably with Kalthallen cabs, but maybe God's Cab as well
I use Reaper, so I'd probably use ReaEQ for an EQ (I think you can get all of the Reaper plug-ins online for free, so this might still totally count)
Sir1 for reverb
ReaDelay for Delay
ReaGate for my gate
For compression I'm not sure, I mostly use the RenComp from Waves, which costs money
TSE-808 for guitar pedal distortion

That's really my on-a-desert-island-with-just-my-computer-and-recordings. Poke around Free Musician's Resource | Free VSTs, plug-ins and software for recording home musicians There are a ton of great phasers, flangers, distortion and saturation plugs, as well as other cool effect.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Also TSE audio does a great (free, atleast the older versions where) 5150 plugin as well as a sansamp bass preamp, which works great for bass along with a compressor :)

Aion

Reaction score
where God's cabs?

I did a relatively quick google search (and I'll admit that I'm not in a state to do a real search right now) but it seems like it has been removed. Having said that, I generally prefer Kalthallen.

Having also said that, anything I can do to (legally) help anyone else's music, I am happy to. And anyone can PM me if they think there's a way I can do that.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
LePou LeCto, Le465, and Solo C
Nick Crow 8505
Ignite amps NadIR loader with guitar hacks impulses
Ignite amps TSB-1 Tyrant screamer(killer overdrive)
Vadim Taranov Mark III, Krankenstein, VH4, Fortin Meathead, and Rectifier sims are good as well.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Softube Saturation Knob
TwoNotes WOS III (you have to buy a cab to keep the license active after 30 days, still cheap)