Best guitars in the whole wide world...

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jerich said:
It is always funny to see Ibanez guitars and meet the people who cherish them we always treated the guitars like fast food get it done as fast as you can and who cares what it sounds like...and hey even some sounded good..anything that starts with RG is usually crap wood..I used to work at the factory here in Bensalem I am 10 mins from there...I am sure your guitars were made with old Pallets we found here and around Philly....heheheh!!!! it is sort of like the food you eat what you do not know does not hurt you...heheheh!!!! :nuts: By the way Just so you do all know I was fired from Ibanez because I felt we were shafting some pretty good people to sell instruments and i spoke up against it and let just say Paul gilbert was some one they/we were doing wrong in his custom guitars.wood etc......

That's because you know everyone, have done everything, drive ferraris and fuck supermodels.

I'll take my "old pallets" anyday. I'm sure Paul's grateful for you sticking up for him.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich said:
It is always funny to see Ibanez guitars and meet the people who cherish them we always treated the guitars like fast food get it done as fast as you can and who cares what it sounds like...and hey even some sounded good..anything that starts with RG is usually crap wood..I used to work at the factory here in Bensalem I am 10 mins from there...I am sure your guitars were made with old Pallets we found here and around Philly....heheheh!!!! it is sort of like the food you eat what you do not know does not hurt you...heheheh!!!! :nuts: By the way Just so you do all know I was fired from Ibanez because I felt we were shafting some pretty good people to sell instruments and i spoke up against it and let just say Paul gilbert was some one they/we were doing wrong in his custom guitars.wood etc......
But they dont make Ibanezes in america...
They were made breifly in america in a custom shop but then that was closed. and it was 1996. In Hollywood. They never opened any US factories. The only USA Made guitars were custom built, not mass produced. i dont think this story holds any water at all.
As Far as Paul Gilbert, i doubt he's signed a 10+ year endorsement contract. I think he still endorses them because he likes them. If he did, he'd have left (Just how JP left Ibanez for Ernie Ball and Van Halen left Peavy for Charvel)

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Man, Jerich you have some big balls. Talking smack about Ibanez on a 7-string forum. Do you go to midget forums and say "hahahah, I'm so tall!!" or go to parapalegic forums and say "hehehe, I can still use my legs, look at my video of me running and kicking a ball!"

I'm a picky fucking guitarist. Ibanez, Jackson or ESP. I won't have it any other way. If you think they suck as guitars, then maybe you have poor taste... this is also pretty evident by how you carry yourself on this board as most of your comments I've seen are generally in poor taste.

Saying someone's favorite posession was made from "Pallets we found here and around Philly" is not just fucked up, it's grossly arrogant and uninformed. My humble piece of advice is to grow up and treat others with civility and respect as everyone else on this forum does.

Not just that, we're talking about my guitars, and they're like my kids...and I'm Italian.

Don't fuck with the family, capiche?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
Not just that, we're talking about my guitars, and they're like my kids...and I'm Italian.

Oooh, you too? I've got a hockey stick or two, wanna take a road trip? ;)

Can't speak for all Ibanez, and I'll admit some of their cheapest stuff is crap (although, admittedly, priced appropriately and measuring nicely against anything else in te price range), but high end RG's are well made guitars. As a former 2027 owner, I can tell you with 100% certainty that it was NOT made out of plywood, but rather a gorgeously-grained slab of mahogany. Heartbreakingly beautiful when the light caught it just right.

We'd all probably take you a lot more seriously if you weren't such a dick about everything. :nuts:

-D

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Pallets in Philly are made of basswood??? Must be some really lightweight merchandise in the warehouses around there... :)

I know that Bensalem is where Ibanez's U.S. headquarters are, but they don't actually make any guitars there, do they.

Seriously, my 7620 is a kickass guitar, and my newest acquisition--an RG-620x--is a really cool guitar that unfortunately came from the factory with some bum fretwork.

I'll agree that the quality control at Ibanez is not comparable to Jackson or ESP, but then compare the prices. And the RG is a really well-designed guitar, apart from quality control issues.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
We'd all probably take you a lot more seriously if you weren't such a dick about everything.

When have I been a dick about anything? Who doesn't take me seriously?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
He meant jerich. he was agreeing wit your quote/

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:

Screw you for making my drum programming skills seem so weak you big dick! :scream:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:

oh, sorry DD, Hatebreeder was right, that wasn't in reference to you. Sorry you took it that way, dude.

*ahem*dick*cough, cough* ;)

-D

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
ah, OK I understand! I just didn't see a reference to jerich in there and thought it was about me...since you had quoted me :)

You get the hockey stick, I'll bring the baseball bat, numchucks, and a couple cans of slimy jalepeno salsa and we'll go whup his ass together :)

(jerich, I mean...no confusion) :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jalepeno? You wuss. I collect varieties of habanero hot sauce. ;)

(recommendation of the week: "Desert Pepper Trading Company XXX Habenero Hot Sauce." it's a carrot-based habanero, very tangy and garlicly, and packs a decent punch. Their Two Olive Salsa is otherworldly, too. :))

-D

Digital Black

Reaction score
Drew said:
jalepeno? You wuss. I collect varieties of habanero hot sauce. ;)

(recommendation of the week: "Desert Pepper Trading Company XXX Habenero Hot Sauce." it's a carrot-based habanero, very tangy and garlicly, and packs a decent punch. Their Two Olive Salsa is otherworldly, too. :))

-D
Habanero? shit....I drink molten metal !..:yum: