Best "Metal" Pickup For Basswood Body.

• Thread starter Werwolf999
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Well certainly, as they have some very basswood friendly models (Cold Sweat, Miracle Man, Painkiller, etc), but there are other DiMarzios I like more than the BC also. The Evolution, Crunch Lab, D-Activator, D-Sonic, etc.

That said, I really am a much bigger fan of DiMarzio's 6-string models than 7s. I completely disagree with their approach that 7-string pickups have to be designed completely different than 6-strings. Very gimmicky, completely unnecessary, and as a result many of their ported models have suffered for it.

Yea I've heard that same general opinion a lot here on the thread. Unfortunately I've never tried any of their 6 string models. I feel like I should buy a 6er or two so I can see what you mean.

Also... I'm gonna be talkin' to you about a bridge pup... YGPM my friend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Distortion

EET FUK
Reaction score
I have a Seymour Duncan Invader in one of my 6 string.. although the guitar is a cheap Ibanez DTX-120 Destroyer, it sounds phenomenal... The pickup has this richness and depth .. hard to explain but it sounds really good in my opinion, heavy and agressive...

I use it in the bridge ... I have a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the neck and it sounds really nice as well... love 'em both...