Best of 2017 Albums List - democratic vote

• Thread starter MYGFH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
Hi all, I do this every year to keep up with albums I may have missed. I decided to share the list this year. Basically what I do, in order to cut through the noise, is put all of the "best of" lists (mostly metal) off to the side. Then, when I get a ton of them, I go through the lists and put them on a spreadsheet. I list every album that gets posted regardless of where on the reviewers' list it ranks. So, it is a democratic vote. The number of "votes" in the right column is how many times the album showed up on someone's list. For instance, the Converge album showed up 9 times on various lists. Like I said, I do it for myself and thought if I think it's useful, maybe someone else will too. I tried several different ways to paste in a table, couldn't get it. I also tried to attach the zipped excel for the complete list of 390 albums. But there is something not right with the forum upload file because it crashed firefox and chrome trying to attach.

RANK ARTIST/ALBUM VOTES
1 Converge – The Dusk in Us 9
1 Power Trip – Nightmare Logic 9
2 Full of Hell – Trumpeting Ecstasy 6
3 Igorrr – Savage Sinusoid 5
3 Mastodon – Emperor of Sand 5
3 Pallbearer – Heartless 5
3 Queens of the Stone Age – Villians 5
3 St. Vincent – Masseduction 5
4 Akercocke – Renaissance in Extremis 4
4 Bell Witch – Mirror Reaper 4
4 Cannibal Corpse – Red Before Black 4
4 Chelsea Wolfe – Hiss Spun 4
4 Enslaved – E 4
4 Mutoid Man – War Moans 4
4 Spirit Adrift – Curse of Conception 4
4 The Black Dahlia Murder – Nightbringers 4
4 Trivium – The Sin and the Sentence 4
4 Ulver – The Assassination Of Julius Caesar 4

Some of my "wants" that fell very far down on the list are:
Ne Obliviscaris – Urn
Ayreon – The Source
Moonspell – 1755
Myrkur – Mareridt
Goatwhore – Vengeful Ascension
Leprous – Malina
Origin – Unparalleled Universe
Tombs – The Grand Annihilation

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Pallbearer or mastodon were best metal album for me. Leprous was close behind though.
QOTSA and St.Vincent def get my vote for best rock/pop albums

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
Cannibal Corpse, Power Trip, Torture Squad's Far Beyond Existence, and not a full album, but Come Back From The Dead's Caro Data Vermibus EP are my favorites off the top of my head this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.