Best Places To Live For A Better Quality Of Life

• Thread starter Zepp88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he wound up near Portland.
You and I are in the same boat, we're trying to get the hell away from where we are.

Variant indeed ended up in Portland, and he's doing ok. I just had several..(uh, many) beers with him in Portland. Lots of rain!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Variant indeed ended up in Portland, and he's doing ok. I just had several..(uh, many) beers with him in Portland. Lots of rain!

I know he spent a lot of time pondering before he chose Portland, and I remember a lot of his critera being something that I'd want as well.

I'll add Portland to my list of places to consider.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
What about New Brunswick? We spawned such lovely people as this guy:

despres_gregory_cp_7794212.jpg

And let's not forget the monster of the Miramichi:

legere-police-cbc.jpg

And of course this nefarious character:

CIMG0317.jpg

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
First pic....a member of the Misfits? And whos the bear faced man.

And the third pic I think I saw on Americas Most Wanted...something about money laundering and child molestation..

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The first is Greg Despres, he decapitated a 70 something year old man he was living with, and proceeded to stab the old dude's common law wife a shit ton. He had dual citizenship so he walked across the border. Border dudes confiscated a home made sword, brass knuckles and a bloody chainsaw, then let him through. The second is Allan Legere, who escaped from jail and was free for like 8 months or something in which time he killed like 5 people. You don't even want to know what the dude in the last pic did.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, most schools do teach a second language, but the US education system isn't that great. I learned Spanish for 3 years at a private school and I can still read it to a small degree (can't really speak practically any of it), but I was actually trying to forget it. There weren't too many native Spanish speakers where I lived and I had no plans on moving somewhere where there were.

It's a good idea to learn another language just because it makes you a better rounded person, but some people just aren't interested in it. All Japanese learn English for 5-6 years in junior high and high school, but there are very few Japanese who can speak functional English. My girlfriend learned English for about 6 years in school, but she can't speak it or read it practically at all. A lot of it has to do with motivation and whether you actually plan on using it or not.

And, yes, I am a smart ass. :lol: I think most people should know that by now.

Ya only like 2 or 3 japanese people I have met spoke half way decent english and the other dozen or so spoke like none :lol: They just stare at you wide eyed and sometimes nod :lol:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
The first is Greg Despres, he decapitated a 70 something year old man he was living with, and proceeded to stab the old dude's common law wife a shit ton. He had dual citizenship so he walked across the border. Border dudes confiscated a home made sword, brass knuckles and a bloody chainsaw, then let him through. The second is Allan Legere, who escaped from jail and was free for like 8 months or something in which time he killed like 5 people. You don't even want to know what the dude in the last pic did.

Dude. That place is brutal! :lol:

:agreed: with garcia.