Better hope you never have an issue with your ESP guitar

• Thread starter Sacha
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sacha

Reaction score
428644987_10168915202710494_9117412261442628401_n.jpg

I paid over 4K CAD for this limited edition ESP and this is what the finish looks like after sitting on a stand for 2 years. I contacted both ESP support via the website and the dealer Ikebe Music and they both told me they won't do anything and I can pay to get it fixed on my own. I guess I'll just go fuck myself!

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Care to point out what's wrong with it? It looks like a guitar with a super busy paint job... but what exactly is wrong?

Also, you paid 4k for it to sit on a stand? Gotta play the thing.

Sacha

Reaction score
Care to point out what's wrong with it? It looks like a guitar with a super busy paint job... but what exactly is wrong?

The finish isn't supposed to bubble and start peeling off like that. My point was it hasn't been abused / toured etc. but thanks for the pithy advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
"If it left our factory it passed our QC" - ESP associate explaining to me how I don't have a warranty claim for manufacturing defects on a brand new guitar.

Personally I love ESP guitars, but they've been on some total bullshit lately.

And I would definitely talk to my bank about this problem.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's the risk buying out of market. :shrug:

The dealer arrangements these companies make means that they can only service domestic sales. Probably still wouldn't have helped since ESP only warranties stuff for like 2 years anyway.

I guess the only recourse is to blow them up on the socials in hopes you can shame them into action. Maybe this is a common issue on these and more folks are dealing with it.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finish isn't supposed to bubble and start peeling off like that. My point was it hasn't been abused / toured etc. but thanks for the pithy advice.
Bro, you took one photo where most people can't see the finish issue and you didn't even say what was wrong until you replied to me. In the original pic, I can't see any peeling on my phone.

That does suck though, super cool paint job. I wonder if Max is right and it's a common issue.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score

Looks like the "wrap" or whatever warped on the top. Edit: I swear when I typed this out no one had commented :lol:

Last edited:

Jotun@

RooR
Reaction score
That’s really shitty. I wish that you had gotten a better response; not surprised though. The way that it’s bubbling and peeling looks weird… was this a custom finish?

Sacha

Reaction score
That’s really shitty. I wish that you had gotten a better response; not surprised though. The way that it’s bubbling and peeling looks weird… was this a custom finish?
Nope not custom this is a limited edition Babymetal signature model and the sad part is i really like space pictures

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bummer.

My RC7's vinyl lifts up occasionally depending on the weather, but it goes back down on it's own or can be smoothed out some by hand.

I'd definitely be weary of any kind of vinyl.

I think at this point you're on your own, what do you have in mind? I'd consider peeling it and having someone recreate that graphic in airbrush.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
They probably used an adhesive instead of a glue if it's vinyl. Adhesives like to basically turn from sticky film to dust over time, glues harden. Weird how its so brittle. My first thought would be UV damage, maybe fluctuating humidity along with it.