Between the Buried and Me, Rivers of Nihil & Thank You Scientist Announce North American Tour

• Thread starter SCJR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SCJR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Between the Buried and Me will hit the road this June and July for a massive North American tour where they'll play The Parallax II: Future Sequence in full. All dates will be supported by progressive metal masterminds Rivers of Nihil and Thank You Scientist. Tickets go on sale March 10 and the tour runs as follows:

6/16 Charleston, SC-Music Farm

6/17 Baltimore, MD-Baltimore Soundstage

6/18 Philadelphia, PA-Brooklyn Bowl

6/20 New York City, NY-Irving Plaza

6/21 Albany, NY-Empire Live

6/23 Worcester, MA-The Palladium

6/24 Montreal, QC-Club Soda

6/25 Toronto, ONT-Danforth Music Hall

6/27 Millvale, PA-Mr. Smalls Theatre

6/28 Detroit, MI-The Majestic

6/29 Columbus, OH-Newport Music Hall

6/30 Chicago, IL-House of Blues

7/1 Minneapolis, MN-Lyric at Skyway Theatre

7/2 Kansas City, MO-The Truman

7/3 Denver, CO-Ogden Theatre

7/5 Salt Lake City, UT-The Complex

7/7 Calgary, AB-MacEwan Hall

7/8 Edmonton, AB-Union Hall

7/10 Vancouver, BC-The Vogue Theatre

7/11 Seattle, WA-The Crocodile

7/12 Portland, OR-Roseland Theatre

7/13 Sacramento, CA-Ace of Spades

7/15 Anaheim, CA-House of Blues

7/16 San Diego, CA-The Observatory

7/17 Mesa, AZ-The Nile Theatre

7/20 San Antonio, TX-Vibes Event Center

7/21 Dallas, TX-The Factory

7/22 Houston, TX-Warehouse Live

7/23 New Orleans, LA-House of Blues

7/25 St. Louis, MO-Red Flag

7/26 Nashville, TN-Brooklyn Bowl

7/28 St. Petersburg, FL-Jannus Live

7/29 Orlando, FL-The Beacham

7/30 Atlanta, GA-The Masquerade

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Philly should be ashamed that they have a venue called Brooklyn Bowl.
FNY.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
now is Rivers of Nihil going to play a decent set list or are they just going to play the Work in its entirety again

one of those options I want to see a lot, the other ... not at all, not ever

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the BTBAM/RoN fans react to Thank You Scientist
they're definitely a bit of an odd one out but TYS has some great songwriting and guitar playing, so i think they'll probably do okay. i'd like to think that people who are into btbam would be open to other versions of prog/jazz-esque stuff but i guess who knows, metal elitism runs pretty deep sometimes

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the BTBAM/RoN fans react to Thank You Scientist
I think they'll dig it, if they haven't heard TYS before. like CTID said, people that already like weird prog will prob like weird prog. Plus on a sliding scale of weirdness TYS isn't like Portal/Igorr levels of weird.
I mean I like all 3 (not RoN's last album though) and I'm 100% going to the Minneapolis show.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Dammit Majestic theatre in Detroit, again. I said Id never go back after a Terror show a bouncer kept letting this dude with combat boots stage dive and my buddy got face kicked during one of these dives and the bouncer just acted like it didn't happen. I love moshing and stage diving, but Jesus Christ I'm not a shit bag.

But yeah, looks like I'll be going back god damnit.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Would love to go see this Thank You Scientist band. I've seen BTBAM a bunch of times but don't care much for the album they're supporting. This other band sounds pretty cool though.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
now is Rivers of Nihil going to play a decent set list or are they just going to play the Work in its entirety again

one of those options I want to see a lot, the other ... not at all, not ever

I told my coworker if you guaranteed a setlist of only up to/including Where Owls Know My Name, you could start ticket prices another $15 higher :lol:

they're definitely a bit of an odd one out but TYS has some great songwriting and guitar playing, so i think they'll probably do okay. i'd like to think that people who are into btbam would be open to other versions of prog/jazz-esque stuff but i guess who knows, metal elitism runs pretty deep sometimes

I think they'll dig it, if they haven't heard TYS before. like CTID said, people that already like weird prog will prob like weird prog. Plus on a sliding scale of weirdness TYS isn't like Portal/Igorr levels of weird.
I mean I like all 3 (not RoN's last album though) and I'm 100% going to the Minneapolis show.

We love them.

I love TYS and plan on doing a tattoo for them, shit, they're more the reason I've gone on Coheed's cruise than Coheed (it's probably a tie now), I just know how some fans can be considering they still won't let there be another fucking encore than Selkies after 20+ years; so something that doesn't get outright "heavy" with those two following might draw some confusion.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I used to like BTBAM a lot. Last time I saw them was right after Parallax II and I thought the material was so unremarkable I pretty much forgot about them until now.

I don't feel compelled to brave the wilds of Baltimore for that again.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
My friend texted me saying this is "Skylar: The Tour". He's not wrong. Probably gonna hit up Worcester.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I caught the Austin date when they did a "Parallax II in full" tour in 2013 and it was a killer show. Definitely keen to go to the San Antonio date this time around too :metal:

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a chance to see Thank You Scientist, glad I finally have it now. 3rd time seeing BTBAM, hopefully the sound is better than last time.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Sick line up.... need to visit America :S

Last time RoN was in Europe they played quite some tunes from older albums, not only the Works so there is hope

Latest posts