Billy Corgan, A Reasonable Man

• Thread starter feraledge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Just kidding, this dude is bonkers.
https://reverb.com/shop/the-official-billy-corgan-reverb-shop

A couple guitars for a million (or best offer)? A Crate practice amp for $6000 (plus shipping, let's not rip the poor man off)? $30,000 preamp? Even a Krank half stack for $2,200? It's there...
Here's to the collector who is an idiot with an insane bank account...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Damn! I thought the Noel Gallagher stuff was expensive. Obviously this stuff is geared towards collectors. Seriously though, Siamese Dream contains some of the finest recorded guitar tones in the history of rock.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
i don't think any one in history has ever mistaken billy organ for a reasonable man.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
To be fair, I think that Crate practice amp is the one from his classic Crate ad.
billycrates.jpg

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Ha Billy must have some serious gambling debts or something for those prices.

If he was normal then Smashing Pumpkins wouldn't have been a fraction as good.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
1. If he can fetch that kind of money, good for him.
2. Shoot for the stars. Because, why not?
3. From a psychological standpoint, if he wanted more money for these than they were actually worth, he's on the right track. Ask for a whoppingly ridiculous price and then take offer. You're more likely to get a higher offer that way.
4. Personally, as much as I used to buy every Smashing Pumpkins CD the week it came out, I would never buy any of this stuff, even if I had a couple million in a bank account that I had no idea how to spend. :lol:

wankerness

Reaction score
1. If he can fetch that kind of money, good for him.
2. Shoot for the stars. Because, why not?
3. From a psychological standpoint, if he wanted more money for these than they were actually worth, he's on the right track. Ask for a whoppingly ridiculous price and then take offer. You're more likely to get a higher offer that way.
4. Personally, as much as I used to buy every Smashing Pumpkins CD the week it came out, I would never buy any of this stuff, even if I had a couple million in a bank account that I had no idea how to spend. :lol:

Agreed with all of this!! I was a diehard for a few years and still listened to all their albums through Oceania and still consider Adore one of my all-time favorites. I've always known he was crazy and a dick. I just don't let it ruin my enjoyment of the music! Musicians I like are often awful people and/or blockheads. If they have a great personality or are hilarious or really smart or something it's just a bonus.

Anyway, this is not anywhere close to as ridiculous as when he dated Tila Tequila, the small Asian Hitler-lover.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I hope he is broke and this is his last hope to get out of the hole.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably needs money back after buying NWA (the wrestling company, Eazy, Dre, and co.)

Demiurge

Reaction score
^Also on the slate of recent Billy Corgan events are some appearances on InfoWars and an 8-hour modular synth jam about Siddhartha conducted at his tea shop. Attempting to sell his gear for hilarious amounts of money is pretty tame on the spectrum, really.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with this. If I was rich and this was an artist I cared about I would probably be seriously tempted. Like if Adam Jones from Tool was selling his Silverburst LP for a couple of hundred grand, I would totally buy that if I had the money.

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I honestly wanted to buy some of this stuff. Some of the guitars were reasonably priced as well as some keyboards and stuff. I also started on that crate practice amp, so having Billys would be double nostalgia for me hahaha

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love Siamese Dream and all, but Billy Corgan has never been a reasonable man. :lol:

The kicker is, some of these aren't THAT absurd. A good condition 1958 sunburst Strat for $31,500 is really not all THAT far above what they seem to go for elsewhere, and a Bogner Ubershall for $2,900 is only a modest upcharge. If I was in the market for a 50s strat, I'd at least consider paying a slight premium for one of Corgan's, just for the heck of it - in for a dime, in for a dollar, you know?

...and then there's his main strat, for $999,999. :lol: