BKP Aftermath 8 - too twangy...

• Thread starter J_Mac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J_Mac

Reaction score
In my 27" Skervesen Tamandua 8 string, the bridge Aftermath is just to twangy and harsh with high gain stuff (Axe FX) :/ can anyone recommend something fizzier?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
In my 27" Skervesen Tamandua 8 string, the bridge Aftermath is just to twangy and harsh with high gain stuff (Axe FX) :/ can anyone recommend something fizzier?

fizzy?

maybe the lace deathbar or xbar?

failing that for some reason i think of dimarzio when i think fizzy

J_Mac

Reaction score
Cool man, cheers. I think the guitar itself has a lot of attack which may be the bulk of the problem.

beavis2306

Lusts for gear
Reaction score
Hi, i had aftermaths in my ash bodied, maple neck 8 and got the ....s with them for the same thing. I've since moved on via c-pigs and m8s to juggernauts and am really happy with them. I wouldn't describe them as fizzy at all but i don't think it would be too hard to change that with the appropriate patch on your fractal.

endmysuffering

I'm serious
Reaction score
Maybe turn up the gain, since its an ax I can reccommend you make a new high gain patch and listen where fizz is coming from and turn it down with an eq it up.

J_Mac

Reaction score
Yeah I've spent hours with it :lol: I have a patch for each guitar, I love the Axe but sometimes it's a bummer that you can't simply rock up to a jam with a new slab and sound good straight away. Kinda miss tube amps for that.

Navid

Chicken Kicker
Reaction score
I actually love the Aftermaths and I'm looking for a set of used 8s, so if you guys have an 8 and plan to sell the Aftermaths send me a pm :D

J_Mac

Reaction score
I actually love the Aftermaths and I'm looking for a set of used 8s, so if you guys have an 8 and plan to sell the Aftermaths send me a pm :D

I certainly do. And certainly will!

I'm tempted by the cheap and cheerful Ionisers... unless something nicer pops up like M8...

Latest posts