BKP nailbomb 7s PICSTORY

• Thread starter halsinden
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
What difference does that make, if any?

I don't think it makes any tonal difference I just prefer the look of Hex bolts, although Tim did mention something about a slightly tighter Bottom end but in all honesty that could be me misunderstanding him cos I was pretty excited about making my order & having the Chance to speak to someone who actually understood what i was trying to explain in terms of what I wanted from the pups.

go ask a tasty bit of minky if she’d rather be screwed by a flat head or bolted by hex?

there’s a reason i took that as a stage name in worms. simple, really.

H

:lol:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
mais, attende... there is more for sir inside! strings no less, and a handy guitar plucking implement in a tasteful tortoise shell theme! (seriously though, i love that he includes this stuff, tim is quite the man)
IMAGE_022.jpg

lol
7 string humbuckers a 6 string set of strings.
i just noticed that lol

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
rofl
i wonder if since he started making 7's so recently, and hes going to start making 8's hed want to stock some cheap 7 string sets to give away. just cause its cool to have

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
never used em
and stitch, you bastard
YOU are the one that gave me the bkp bug
which is an expensive bug!

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
so the strings were on, but the bridge pickup was unfortunately very high and contacting on occasion with the low B string. it was time to get nasty.

in a seemingly well rehearsed manoeuvre, james proceeded to unclip the trem springs, remove the entire damn trem unit and gain perfect access to the pickups whilst keeping the strings still on.

DSC02742.jpg

veritably, i was aghast

but the true gravity of what was ahead started to hit. all in the room (james' girlfriend, my girlfriend, james' girlfriend's sister, james' dogs, me, the pope's swimming goggles and a bottle of calpol) went hush...

even the guitar started to tremble(o) as it looked up at master mcilroy approaching it:

DSC02744.jpg

as his trusty hound looks on, lending occasional verbal notes.

IMAGE_042.jpg

as the drill's motor started, the colour notably drained from the room from the fear, james' left hand even lost focus and blurred from view...

IMAGE_044.jpg

the rotations increased, the vibrations caused the entire room to tremor, the dogs ran to cower beneath a table for safety...

IMAGE_043.jpg

then, in a moment of sheer horror, the drill viciously slammed through to the trem cavity behind entirely of its own accord!

DSC02743.jpg

people began to scream, the phone rang; it was kofi anan, troops were poised at the border...

but the bark seemed worse than the bite, and eventually we realised that it had worked. the 'damage' was utterly minor and each of james' drill points were on point and accurate (helped immeasurably of course by my application of gold pen ink on the ends of the pole pieces to mark the cavities. i studied at cambridge, y'know).

however, soon came the critical point, to try the instrument for road safety and torque. true to his word, in re-attaching the trem returned the strings bang-on in tune, and not before installing some right proper schaller tremlocks bought that day by my lovely lady, i slung the monster around my neck...

DSC02740.jpg

the immense-osity was too much, i couldn't bear to look down, the weight of my burdened soul (seen being carried by me here. what, you can't see it?)was heavy enough.

but, a note struck and...

DSC02739.jpg

it's a WINNER!!!

DSC02741.jpg

oh, the MAGNOSITY OF ITS COOLAGE!!!

i have a top notch axe. it's brilliant. i'll be using it on tour this week, all over the UK like a nebulous cumshot. GET in.

H

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
yeah, the drilling through the body into the spring cavity happened twice, but hey, first time i've done it, and it's a bit of a fine line between the depth required and the actual cavity itsself...

ooooooooooooooppps!

Still, not bad for someone who sucks at woodwork methinks...

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
yeah, the drilling through the body into the spring cavity happened twice, but hey, first time i've done it, and it's a bit of a fine line between the depth required and the actual cavity itsself...

ooooooooooooooppps!

Still, not bad for someone who sucks at woodwork methinks...

not at all man, you did really fucking well. it worked.

and i've lately been told by the RG that apparently it'd "welcome another drilling from that blonde one in the trousers anytime". not sure what that means. should i be jealous?

H

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that drilling part was scary! :ugh: Luckily mine sits pretty much at the perfect height. The neck one could be slightly lower though...

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Looking good fellers! /old man hunger

Punky Drewster, it shouldn't be any trouble to fit alnico slugs in a Blaze bobbin (holes might need to be drilled a tiny bit oversize). It would sound better, but not exactly like a proper Strat SC because the bobbin is a lot shorter and it has a brass base plate.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: nice work you guys, that parrot looks awesome

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
The epicness has completed!

So... Anyone from the UK wanna buy me one of these for Christmas :D

...Stupid exchange rate... :(

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice job gentlemen.

Of course, I maintain that the best solution for any guitar-related maintenance is to have an engineer for a father...:)