Black Friday Purchases

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Forumite is selling a gorgeous 2021 R8. My smart self just looked at the pics (he’s a photographer). Sent the ad to a buddy who pointed out its R9 neck spec.

I dont have the money to add but dayum.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Not much besides a burr coffee grinder from Fellow and a bunch of D'addario strings. I'm probably grabbing a set of Mojotone Tomahawks too.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dude, such a cool bike. Pics no latter than next summer lol. Awesome.
Here's a shot from this summer when it was running:
Screenshot_20231126_211417_Gallery.jpg

It's been a super fun bike. It's actually my first motorized bike of any kind, I've never ridden a motorcycle of any kind before this year. It's been good to learn on because it's not super fast lol

Metropolis

Reaction score
Logitech Pro X gaming headset for my spouse as early christmas present. I fiddled around with the graphic eq Logitech G Hub has and got them to sound fairly decent. I'm more used to 24 bit sound with a studio quality headphone amp and my Beyerdynamic DT770's, which are obviously much better, but for her use they're okay.

Then I wanted a watch for work, traveling and all sorts of outdoors activities, which wouldn't be too expensive and could take some hit if needed. Searched some stuff and stumbled on these really classic looking Casio G-Shocks. They have made in Japan version which is two times the price and with a stainless steel chassis, but I got the made in Thailand one, which is Casio G- Shock GWM5610U. It's solar powered, so no battery changes and can get an atomic clock radio signal from Germany here in southern Finland, so it's fairly accurate too compared to just about anything.

gshock-gwm5610u.png

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I bought an airfryer and a pair of winter shoes. So now I gotta get used to cooking stuff in the fryer and not to wear crocs all over the place all the time :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought some clothes, including a jaunty flamingo-patterned shirt.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Used black friday to get a couple pairs of slippers. Never had any since I was a kid but my feet are BLOWN.. mainly the heels ( from years of working on my meat plates as well as the past couple years walking in socks on hard ceramic tile floors). I've developed fissures that "Healthy Feet" is unable to fully remedy. I'll be glad when they get here but I'll admit that the thought of wearing slippers around the house makes me feel super old and a little self-concious about my fleeting place in this world as a tough dude. But... my feetsies!!!

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Nothing. Haha

There were ideas of an SM7B and some Neumann KH120 or KH80 monitors. But the sale prices weren't that great, so buying them later isn't much worse.

I've seen something pretty fucking crazy, this music store I frequent had the KH120 for 550€ per speaker before Black Friday. Black Friday kicks in, and they're 680€ per speaker, tagged "on sale" too. What the fuck 🤣

Strobe

Reaction score
I bought some adjustable dumbbells that have been on my wish list for years.
31vH5B8t7CL._SY180_.jpg

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nothing guitar related, but I lit up some cycling related sales - Pactimo was doing a half off sale on some of their clothing, and I hit Silca pretty hard for some tools.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Used black friday to get a couple pairs of slippers. Never had any since I was a kid but my feet are BLOWN.. mainly the heels ( from years of working on my meat plates as well as the past couple years walking in socks on hard ceramic tile floors). I've developed fissures that "Healthy Feet" is unable to fully remedy. I'll be glad when they get here but I'll admit that the thought of wearing slippers around the house makes me feel super old and a little self-concious about my fleeting place in this world as a tough dude. But... my feetsies!!!
Eh, you're still tough. They're just shoes for in the house.

I was never a slipper/house shoe guy growing up but I am now, especially in colder months.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Bought a cordless pole saw and a new upstairs living room TV, tried to get the wife to splurge on an OLED but no dice. And picked up 5 bombers of special release stouts from a local brewery on black Wednesday if that counts heh.

Stiman

Reaction score
I don't like all this "cheating" on your guitar hobby, spending money on other hobbies. Don't you all have a long list of guitars/pedals/plugins you've been wanting??

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Heavyocity Gravity 2, micropitch, black salt audio silencer, air purifier, ring doorbell with echo show, beats ear buds, cool flameless candle, galaxy projector, 43 in 4k tv,

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't like all this "cheating" on your guitar hobby, spending money on other hobbies. Don't you all have a long list of guitars/pedals/plugins you've been wanting??
It never ends pal, it never ends.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

LOL, no. I have AT BEST, one guitar I need to pick up which is trading in one guitar for that, and selling another one on top of that, so I'll be down to three guitars: one in Standard, another in D/Drop C, and one for C/Drop Bb. And who needs anything besides an Axe-FX + headphones for home use? Makes my life much easier without constant music GAS.