Bloody groovy Djent! (Axe FX II and 8-string)

• Thread starter DropTheSun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flare

Reaction score
I listened to it through my cheap in-ear, so this might not be very accurate, but the first thi.g i noticed is that the kick drum is very "punchy", almost too much. And guitars are maybe a bit bassy for my tastes. The rest is really nice.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
I listened to it through my cheap in-ear, so this might not be very accurate, but the first thi.g i noticed is that the kick drum is very "punchy", almost too much. And guitars are maybe a bit bassy for my tastes. The rest is really nice.

Thanks man for the feedback!:hbang:

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
Um hopefully its by accident, but it sounds very familiar to this dude!

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Um hopefully its by accident, but it sounds very familiar to this dude!

I see similarities. But i think Monuments sound better. :D But i admit, that i've tried to learn the technique, that Browne uses, so no wonder if my riffs sound familiar to his.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
The mix is pretty balanced, I'd try to get your guitars sounding a bit more present though.

redwng1

Reaction score
That sounds good to me as well. I would like to hear the drums a little more defined in the mix, but its your song. Thumbs way up :yesway:

Diet Kirk

Reaction score
I see similarities. But i think Monuments sound better. :D But i admit, that i've tried to learn the technique, that Browne uses, so no wonder if my riffs sound familiar to his.

not a criticism mate, I love monuments, just thought I should point it out if you hadn't heard that track :)

Personally i think your's sounds great too!

DropTheSun

Reaction score
not a criticism mate, I love monuments, just thought I should point it out if you hadn't heard that track :)

Personally i think your's sounds great too!

Thanks and no worries mate! I always like to have feedback about my recordings. :cheers:

MDP333

Reaction score
I think the kick in the beginning is too loud. It makes the next part of the groove seem smaller by comparison. When all the elements come in, it should punch you in the face. You can see that the transients are even louder than the rest of the track in the waveform.

The punch is appropriate for this track, I think you could get by with a bit more sub in the kick after the song comes in. It also sounds bit box-y sounding in the middle. Removing some of the middle frequencies could help it, as well as bringing out a bit of presence at 8khz. Maybe "humanize" the kick track by adjusting the velocities a bit, as well as moving them a few samples, so it doesn't sound so quantized.

The snare is a bit, upper-mid range-y. You can hear that area poke out a bit more than at other times. if you're using two miss on the snare, bring down the bottom snare level a bit. Another snare might fit the context a little better as well. I was hoping to hear a kind of rim shot, Tama brass bell sound. With a good amount of ring/sustain.

All this said, I was still able to bang my head to this track, which is the most important thing!

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Thanks!
Very good points! I'll look on to those things, when i finish this track and will make more balanced mix.