Boden OS6 confirmed!

• Thread starter andawe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ikarus

Reaction score
Europe grmbl....wait....still nothing...grmbl....

just got an email response from Ola:

Hi -----,thanks for your message.

We will have the Boden OS 6 (and 7) available in Europe around the April/May timeframe. We only sell direct through our website, and the price will be €1950 including VAT. The Boden OS 6 will come with Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups mounted straight, and the color/wood options will be the same as the Boden OS 7.

We look forward to having you as a customer!

Best regards,
Ola

The price decreases my excitment a bit. :ugh:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Haun

Reaction score
I'm sooo stoked about this... But when they say available in Europe, does that mean that mean that we don't have to pay import taxes, even though we still have to order through the same website? Because if we still have to pay import taxes, then it's gonna shoot up to 2500$ easy.

Sumsar

Reaction score
No, vat is already included so when inside europe it wont get higher - But maybe you would have to pay for shipping.

But yeah living in europe is expensive I know, but 2000 euro is pushing it.

Any idea on which pickups will be in the EU Boden OS 7s? Please not EMG's!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
No, vat is already included so when inside europe it wont get higher - But maybe you would have to pay for shipping.

But yeah living in europe is expensive I know, but 2000 euro is pushing it.

Any idea on which pickups will be in the EU Boden OS 7s? Please not EMG's!

I asked (since a lot of other folks had complained on here about the EMGs besides just me :lol:) Ola and Ed and they said they would consider it but were waiting to see how the first run did. I'm hoping they move to passives, if for nothing else it makes it easier to swap pickups if whatever they put in there doesn't tickle your fancy. I know that dropping passives into my OS 7 made it into a substantially more awesome guitar than it was stock with the EMGs, so while it sucks to have to pay for the install of the ground wire and all, it was worth it.

It would be lovely NOT to have to do that again in the future, so when I heard the OS 6'ers came with Duncans I was happy! :D Now I just need to figure out if I want to wait for a Boden OS or if I want to set aside a little more cash and pick up another Washburn-built 6'er variant of the Boden with some custom options... :idea: Unfortunately the damn Endurneck has ruined me, I'm looking at my other guitars going "this is not nearly as comfortable to play by comparison... :rant:" :lol: Knowing how great the 7 feels, I'd be totally comfortable ordering the same thing in a 6'er now! :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
So the OS6 is more expensive than the OS7?

How did you come to that conclusion? The price someone posted above is in Euros, not USD. I would imagine it's like $100 or so less than the 7 since that is their usual pricing structure on the other Strandberg stuff. US Custom Shop models go: Boden 6 - $3150, Boden 7 - $3250, Boden 8 - $3350, so I would imagine if the Boden OS 7 is $1895 + shipping in the USA currently, the OS 6 should be $1795 + shipping? :shrug:

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
I thought the euro was worth more than the dollar. So my thought was it'd be more than euro prices. However if cheaper than that's better!

Sumsar

Reaction score
I thought the euro was worth more than the dollar. So my thought was it'd be more than euro prices. However if cheaper than that's better!

The Euro is worth more, however we also generally speaking earn more money than people from the US, and our sales tax are usually also higher, thus resulting in a guitar that is a lot more expensive here than in the US. If you calculate over directly the european strandberg OS will cost about 2075$ .. without shipping.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
So these are definitely the most expensive instruments made in that factory by almost $1000 it seems. Are they available in the US? I thought the OS series was a Japan-market thing only at the start.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
So these are definitely the most expensive instruments made in that factory by almost $1000 it seems.

The hypemachines are being made in the same factory iirc, so the margin isnt that bad anymore. Its still not good for a MIK guitar though :lol:

Sumsar

Reaction score
So these are definitely the most expensive instruments made in that factory by almost $1000 it seems. Are they available in the US? I thought the OS series was a Japan-market thing only at the start.

Yes they are in the US, or the Boden OS7 is.
But yeah I mean I could buy an mij ESP for the same as an OS7 :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

True, but different hardware, licensed neck shape, fanned stainless frets, etc. They aren't exactly cookie-cutter superstrats, so between all of that, I'm sure the cost goes up. They are definitely available in the states, the OS 7 has been for sale here for a few weeks now, mine's been here for 2 weeks now. :wavey:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
True, but different hardware, licensed neck shape, fanned stainless frets, etc. They aren't exactly cookie-cutter superstrats, so between all of that, I'm sure the cost goes up. They are definitely available in the states, the OS 7 has been for sale here for a few weeks now, mine's been here for 2 weeks now. :wavey:

I assume they are priced at the very top end of "so this type of person can't afford $3000 but what do we think is the absolute max they might scrape together to get one?"

Of course I don't begrudge anyone for making money and I'm sure the product is good. I just think if you're going to make an import model make something that is actually budget friendly. Im sure the determining factor in the price is the Strandberg hardware at full price and other 'name brand' components like the Luminlay side dots and name brand pickups. Then again there are guitars coming out of that factory with lots of high end hardware for under $1000. Hell ESP has guitars with EMGs and Evertunes for around that price and none of that is cheap hardware.

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Awesome :)

Still want a Washburn one more though. And even more than that, I want a Varberg! They need more attention!

silent suicide

Winter is coming
Reaction score
Shame about the pricepoint for us EU guys, again.
good that they have passive routes and passive pups.
Way more excited for that but 1900 euro is near custom price, so I'll probably not pick one up unless it's used.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I must admit that the price difference between a "real" one and a Boden OS is pretty small seeing they're MiK. A custom is "only" 40% more expensive. That makes them way out there in terms of pricing. Guess I'll wait and see how much those fanned Ibanez are going to be sold for when they are finally released.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Way more excited for that but 1900 euro is near custom price, so I'll probably not pick one up unless it's used.

Pretty much agree with this. I 'hope' (werid to say for this) that people will pick them up due to hype but not really dig them and then sell them so that they relatively fast will end up on the used market.
I don't have alot of money now, but when i graduate and possible get a job in the next 6 months I really don't see a reason to not go full retard on my wallet and just get a custom one, as someone said, they are only like 40% more expensive, instead of getting a Coreaberg.
Again only if I actually consider going half retard on my wallet - would still prefer to pick up a used Coreaberg for like 1200 Euro or less.

jemfloral

Reaction score

Not really sure why there's a difference in pricepoint between OS's in US and EUR (usually things sell for the same 'number' but in their respective currencies, USD vs EUR)... I'm guessing the cost of importing from the factory (fees, taxes, shipping, etc.) has something to do with it.
In US: OS7 = $1895 vs Boden6/7/8 = $3150/3250/3350
In Europe: OS6 = Euro 1950 (per comment above) vs. Boden7/8 = Euro 2900/3000 (based on musicstore.de pricing)

Last edited:

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
In Japan the Washbergs are 3x more expensive than the OS. I see no reason to spend that much money when the Washbergs aren't that much different from the OS.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I assume they are priced at the very top end of "so this type of person can't afford $3000 but what do we think is the absolute max they might scrape together to get one?"

Of course I don't begrudge anyone for making money and I'm sure the product is good. I just think if you're going to make an import model make something that is actually budget friendly. Im sure the determining factor in the price is the Strandberg hardware at full price and other 'name brand' components like the Luminlay side dots and name brand pickups. Then again there are guitars coming out of that factory with lots of high end hardware for under $1000. Hell ESP has guitars with EMGs and Evertunes for around that price and none of that is cheap hardware.

If you look at the price of a US Musicorp built Strandberg Base Boden 7 model (since specs match what you get on the OS 7 minus the scale difference) @ $3250 vs $1950, it's a $1300 difference. When you look at a Jackson Soloist SL2 for $2499 and the SL2 Pro is $899 (with no case) but made in Indonesia (i.e. EVEN CHEAPER labor than Korean factories), it's a $1600 difference. I don't really see your argument. EMG's aren't "expensive" pickups when bought in bulk, that's why they show up on a lot of the mid-range guitars as they're easier to get bulk pricing on for companies like ESP and Schecter since they're selling boatloads of them. The Evertune setup is probably near the cost of the bridge used on the Boden, but I don't recall the pricing of either of them offhand so I can't say for sure. You can see other brands have similar pricing structures, so I don't think it's outlandishly priced by any means. "Budget friendly" is a relative term. If you REALLY want a Strandberg but can't afford an M2M or one built by Washburn, $1950 is still "budget" for the Strandberg brand compared to the US Custom Shop or M2M builds.

It's not that far off from other brands doing the same thing. Hell, PRS has the USA Custom 24 starting @ $2549 and the Custom 24 SE is tagged @ $719 made in the same factory as the Boden OS (yet using a cheaper version of the PRS tremolo than the USA PRS counterpart, FWIW, the OS is using the same quality as the more expensive option), and that's an $1830 difference. Not really a ton of folks running around saying that the SE line is not a great deal for a budget guitar. :lol: :shrug: It's affordable compared to the upper tier it's based off of, and I think the same thing applies here. :2c: Having played both, I'd say my Washburn built Boden is definitely the nicer instrument, but the OS 7 isn't tremendously far behind by any means, it still plays amazing and I was fortunate enough to get one with zero issues on top. :lol: I just don't think it's logical to assume an "import" version of the design automatically means it should be priced @ $900. Look at stuff like the Fractal MFC... it's a foot controller built in China, but it still costs $750. Guarantee the labor is cheap there, and the parts aren't $700 worth of electronics and enclosure. ;)

Pretty much agree with this. I 'hope' (werid to say for this) that people will pick them up due to hype but not really dig them and then sell them so that they relatively fast will end up on the used market.
I don't have alot of money now, but when i graduate and possible get a job in the next 6 months I really don't see a reason to not go full retard on my wallet and just get a custom one, as someone said, they are only like 40% more expensive, instead of getting a Coreaberg.
Again only if I actually consider going half retard on my wallet - would still prefer to pick up a used Coreaberg for like 1200 Euro or less.

Korea is spelled with a K, man. :lol: "Only like 40%" more expensive is a bit misleading, especially when you're talking in amounts reaching the $1500+ range. :rofl: "Why bother getting that Honda, the Acura is only 40% more expensive! Doesn't matter that the comparison is a $25K car to a $40K car..." :lol:

Also you really think the used Boden OS guitars will drop from €1950 new to "€1200 used or less"? Seems like overly-wishful thinking there. ;) Supply and demand doesn't support that line of thinking unless they're suddenly going to be churning these out in the hundreds. :lol:

Latest posts