Boden OS7 refinish? thoughts?

• Thread starter andawe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

andawe

Reaction score
Would it be wrong of me to buy an OS7 with the intent to refinish it right away? Im really craving a denim blue Boden with a white Flame Maple pickguard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I mean, if you get it and it's exactly what you want, passing it off to someone who knows WTF they're doing doesn't seem like a bad option to me.

boogie2

Reaction score
I have to admit that I've been having similar thoughts. The flame on my Natural/roeswood one is really nice. I've been thinking a transparent amber would look killer on there :).

jemfloral

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea if you want a different colour/option than is currently offered and can get it done the way you want it!

cubix

Spring of 86
Reaction score
Pickguard in a no go for me on the boden, body is small as it is and covering most of it with a pickguard doesn't look good (Yes I know there have been official Strandbergs with pickguards). The jeans by itself would look sweet!

jahosy

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea but will you be routing out the body top for the pickguard (like most strats) of it'll just be fixed over the existing top?

Also note the position of the 'strandberg* Boden OS' engraved logo will be covered by said pickupguard based on the mock up.

Majkel

Reaction score
Pickguard in a no go for me on the boden, body is small as it is and covering most of it with a pickguard doesn't look good (Yes I know there have been official Strandbergs with pickguards). The jeans by itself would look sweet!

and just to show that opinions are just that, that pickguard is what makes the entire thing for me =p

Looks awesome imho

andawe

Reaction score
I wouldnt be routing the top at all, it would just overlay the existing top. probably would recess 4-5 small magnets to attach it so that if you removed it, you wouldnt really see screw holes, just a few dots by the bridge/neck. and i know the logo would be covered, but thats really ok with me.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Really daft idea, I just wondered if a skilled finisher could simply mask off the area in the shape of a pickguard, blue jeans some and leave the rest. Perhaps adding some fake screw detailing to complete the whole trompe l'oeil motif.

andawe

Reaction score
im sure they could. im just a fan on the 3d aspect that a flame maple pickguard would bring to the flat top

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Really daft idea, I just wondered if a skilled finisher could simply mask off the area in the shape of a pickguard, blue jeans some and leave the rest. Perhaps adding some fake screw detailing to complete the whole trompe l'oeil motif.

Masking's possible, but I actually don't think that would look very good at all :shrug:

blanco

Reaction score
This is what i'm actually going to do when they release a 6 string version in europe. Import charges just screw me completely ordering from america. Going with a similar look too John Browne from monuments purple to white faded mayones. Excuse the piss poor mock up.

boden-os-3copy.jpg