Borderands 3 preorders/trailer.

• Thread starter Rosal76
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Edit: I didn't see that another forum member already posted on the trailer. My mistake.

They have a collectors edition that sold out really quick. I believe like 10 minutes when the word got out. They went for $250 and now I'm seeing them on Ebay for like, $300 to $800.

Last edited:

wankerness

Reaction score
I'll get the mid-expensive model, but man, all those preorders that come with physical junk confuse me. Where do people put those in their house? This one sounds relatively inoffensive, but I've seen preorder bonuses like "model of zombie head with screwdriver sticking out of its eye" or any number of busty/butty anime girls. I must not hang out with the right people if I'd be embarrassed to have those out for display.

Rosal76

Reaction score
, but man, all those preorders that come with physical junk confuse me.

I'm guilty as charged. LOL. I did purchase the Hitman 2: Collector's edition from last year. I don't go out of my way to buy special/collectors editions but Hitman is one of my favorite games so I had to get it. I suppose I could "gut" the gun case and use it as a lunch box. My Hitman agent 47 lunch box. LOL.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I almost went for the Diamond Loot Chest, but it went from I was able to put $25 down at GameStop for it, to “No, you have to pay for it up front”. Soooo I went with the $100 version with the season pass and all of that.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I must not hang out with the right people if I'd be embarrassed to have those out for display.
I tend to like those kinds of things as desk ornaments at the office.

I think the LAST thing I'd want as a decoration is a loot box though. That seems like such a weird thing to have on display - like a permanent fixture reminding us of how we spend money on random drops. I get that this is not quite the same kind of loot box... but still. Kinda weird.

wankerness

Reaction score
Eh, borderlands' loot boxes are innocent, the new/current meaning of loot box came well after borderlands 1! They're one of the most iconic visuals from the game besides maybe claptrap. Plus, I don't think you were ever able to spend real money on them. Maybe I'm wrong and you can buy golden keys or something.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Yeh, I recognize that it's different. Just seems like an odd choice. If it were a Claptrap figurine or something.... I think that's something I'd be into. I think they did that once already though. Can't remember.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
It makes sense with BL3 coming and Handsome Collection free on PS Plus this month. And Tales potentially being taken off of sale.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So the DLC was accidentally listed on Steam and taken down. A bunch of new missions, level cap raised to 80, a new tier of weapons above legendary, and suppose to drop on the 8th. Which means we'll get Randy Pitchford on stage at E3 showing it off and then doing one of those "And it's available.... Now".

And I am fucking excited.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
So that stream today sold me even more than I was.
I was super skeptical but that stream got me pretty pumped.
destructible cover-check
guns with legs-check
more insane guns-check
better movement system-check
same old borderlands sense of humor-check

Rosal76

Reaction score

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, new BL2 DLC dropped, free for 30days. And yeah, never level cap, weapon tier, etc. I’m starting it up in an hour after my son (hopefully) goes to bed.