Boss Gt-100 noob help with 4cm patch

• Thread starter MetalHex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I tried to register to the Randall/Boss community forum and for some reason it wont see my email address as valid, so I come to you guys and gals.

I use my gt-100 in the 4cm with my 6505+ 120w. I have been using it for a few years now and it works well for what I need.

I accidentally erased my first bank/first patch by overwriting it. What it was was the distortion channel of my amp, with some of the gt-100 noise gate and OD's added on and I seem to have forgotten how I get it back to that state. I don't want to do a reset because I have several other patches that I use. Since I am a set it and forget it kinda guy, I set these patches up a long time ago and never tinkered with it since. But how do I get it back to where it is just the amps distortion, where I can and the gate and OD back onto it?

Sorry for the noob question and thanks for helping.

Reaction score
Save your patches into a PC/Mac, then start from scratch, every block in "off state". Build up gradually from there until you find what you're looking for. Then SAVE your patches again into a PC/Mac with a different name.

I'm not sure if it is possible to restore a previous preset after it being overwritten... in any multiFX pedal or rack piece of gear...

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If a patch is in off state then i would just be hearing the amp itself? Is that correct?

Now that i think about it, i dont care about the other patches too much as theyre basically stock ones that are tweaked a little. So if i had to do a factory reset i would. But im just concerned with one patch only. Maybe i could wipe that one clean and start over but if i wipe it clean will it be the amps distortion like i want it to be?

Also factory reset would be last resort since theres other global settings and preamps and such that i dont remember how i set them all up so if i can just mess with this one patch that would be great.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalHex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Save your patches into a PC/Mac, then start from scratch, every block in "off state". Build up gradually from there until you find what you're looking for. Then SAVE your patches again into a PC/Mac with a different name.

I'm not sure if it is possible to restore a previous preset after it being overwritten... in any multiFX pedal or rack piece of gear...
So im still having trouble with this...

If I go and turn every block off then what i have is a blank clean sound that I am assuming is a sound from the pedal and not the amp. How do I access my amps distortion channel here?

A factory reset will just erase all of the saved patches and global settings but I do not believe that will help me get to where I want. If I do a factory reset then patch 1 will just be whatever factory preset patch that they created. I want patch one to be my amp sp i can add some boost and gate it.

Can anyone else weigh in on this?