Bostjan Zupancic: MicroMetal Vol II

• Thread starter bostjan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I guess the biggest problem I had was FINDING publications who would review instrumental rock. I emailed a few possible suspects, got one polite rejection, and a bunch of non responses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, there are a lot more instrumental artists releasing indie material, and there are fewer publications, so it's like dogs fighting over half a bone out there.

That said, I think your stuff is going to stand out enough that you should be getting some reviews.

Newer stuff seems to get a higher priority, but it's weird, since sometimes you won't hear anything for so long, you forget about it, then look back a year later and see that you missed something. My band's album was released March 5th last year, and I just now (because of this discussion :lol: ) found a review from back from late October.

I would make a list and keep it long and keep it fairly up to date, of contacts, and mark those that you might want to send audio samples or CD's or whatever to as highlighted green or whatever helps you remember.

Some sites online that review instrumental rock/indie hard rock, that I found from a quick search:

The CD Critic
Explicitly Intense
Pop Is Dead
0 Day Roxx
Mediahound
Strutterzine
RockeyeZ

Also try Blabbermouth, Allmusic, and other sites with a wide spread.

Go for some local blogs and local papers, too. If you're still in the Boston area, try the Boston Phoenix, Sound of Boston, and, especially DigBoston.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, first I need a new album. :lol: But I'll drop you a line as I'm getting close to finishing it up, as I feel like I know a fair amount about writing and recording an album, but nothing about actually promoting one. :lol:

Latest posts