Bridge pup Suggestions: Crunchlab or Blaze Neck??

• Thread starter apadua
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

apadua

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new around here and spent the last couple days reading lots of pup threads (including the PU reference/guide/sticky)

Here is some background information: I have an RG7620 with Mesa Triple/Rec, Peavey Bandit 112 combo amp and Pod Pro rack which I use primarily for leads when recording in my home studio. I write mainly Progressive Rock stuff but looking for a pups that is great for heavy rhythms kind of like SEVENDUST.

I am looking to swap out the stock pups and want something hotter and with more clarity and body for rhythms. From what I have read many people like the liduifire/crunchlab combo. I am totally sold on the liquifire in the neck but am contemplating what to put in the bridge.

It is between a Blaze Neck (in the bridge) or the Crunchlab (in the bridge).. How does the Crunch lab compare to the Blaze Neck for heavy rhythms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
The crunchlab is really tight and articulate, and I would recommend to anyone looking for tight, metal and rich chords. Be careful though, if your guitar is too bright, your leads will be like ice-picks!

Lilarcor

Reaction score
As you're looking for a hotter pup than the stock one the crunchlab is the way to go. The Blaze neck won't be any hotter than the stock pup which is actually fairly hot.

apadua

Reaction score
The crunchlab is really tight and articulate, and I would recommend to anyone looking for tight, metal and rich chords. Be careful though, if your guitar is too bright, your leads will be like ice-picks!

Ice picks huh?? Alright.. I was hoping to find a used one but does look like to many people want to part with their LF/CL combo set...