Brief review - Siggi Braun relic strat.

wizbit81

Reaction score
First of all. a pic!!

25488371_2212092972149498_2079253265909521770_o.jpg

Yeah yeah this is a Sevenstring site for modern guitars blah. Well I have loads of those too, and this is a little bit special.

So I bought my Siggi Braun relic strat last year. I placed my order early October via the EUGG group which was doing a run, and received my guitar before Xmas (amazing turnaround time!) Ever since then I've been obsessed with it.
It's a vintage replica of a 60's strat, in Daphne Blue. It has Haussel pickups (which sound SO good) and an extremely comfortable neck, which coming from a strict superstrat shredder guy is really something!

I have and have had a number of high end customs, and this is currently an outstanding number one. It's been used in the home only, as my gigs are about every decade!

The Pros:

Sounds like the best strat I've ever owned or played. It just kills in every switch position.
Super easy to play and very comfortable, on a par with my best Suhr (and I've owned 10+ of those)
Looks great, they nailed the Daphne Blue colour and the relic is just about perfect. Siggi asks you at the start how much you want it relic'd and you can look at pics to help you decide. Mine is just right. As an indication of the level of attention Siggi has to this stuff, he relics everyting aside from the saddle screws, which he says have a tendency to fail if you do those as well.
Quite lightweight.

The Cons:

The EUGG run meant I got mine at 50% off (yes 50%) There was a run of 10 only and the spots sold out in 11 seconds. That means I paid around 1450 Euros for mine instead of the 2900 standard price. Therefore for everyone wanting to buy now, price is a con at 2900. Is it worth it? Well yes considering I've played strats that are twice that price and just not as good.
Custom guitar means a wait, you can't just go into a shop and buy one.
Like the wait, availability is a problem, you can't try before you buy really.
I decided no more customs due to the financials and the tremendous issues with Sabre Guitars, but this was so good when another run popped up for the Superstrat Icarus model I caved and spent more £.

Here's a Youtube video I made today which just shows a few of the sounds that I really like. If there are any requests for other sounds I'm happy to demo them:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
A Siggi for that price is just unreal. And that one looks very much like a wet dream of mine. Congrats.
Yeah yeah this is a Sevenstring site for modern guitars blah. Well I have loads of those too, and this is a little bit special.
Nah, vintage guitars are fine as well here.

wizbit81

Reaction score
Huh, didn't know Siggi was doing stuff like this.

Yeah man he does a fair bit of vintage stuff as well as the crazy shapes. Check out the Icarus, it's his new model and looks a bit like a Mayones Duvell. That's what I've got coming in the next few weeks.

Those are the biggest strat frets I've ever seen :D

Yeah I can't deny that. I need big frets to live! :D Not quite 6100s like I have on others but they are definitely not vintage!

Sexy guitar! Love the video and playing too

Thanks man, kind words appreciated. I wasn't sure if the video was ok or not, you can never judge your own playing I find. I just hear all the fuckups and stuff I've played before.

A Siggi for that price is just unreal. And that one looks very much like a wet dream of mine. Congrats.

Nah, vintage guitars are fine as well here.

Yeah the price was absurd! I figured if I got it and didn't like it I wouldn't really lose much money. There's no way I'm selling though, I've told my gf to slap me if I ever try to, I've only owned maybe 4 special guitars in my life, and I've sold 3 of them. This one isn't going anywhere.

Oof, that is the strat sound. How about dirty SRV? I assume it does it well based on what I heard.

HNGD!

Thanks man, you know I haven't really tried that sort of thing on it, it's not my style...but I'll give it a bash and find out. I suspect it will nail it though :D

wizbit81

Reaction score
Can you enshrine this in your sig so we can all snigger when GAS hits? :lol:
Hahaha! I give you all permission to rip me mercilessly if I do sell this one. I'm 99% sure I won't though. The 1% is in case of global emergency or I have no money and have to sell this or the house.

wizbit81

Reaction score
That price, though - Siggi charged me waaay more when he relic’d my wife.

Yeah it was amazing. He's done two runs and I've been in on both. If he does another....I think I know where I will be. I want a relic tele next :D

I'm saying that and I don't even have the second run Icarus yet!

I did a full cover of a Tim Miller tune on it, should I put that up somewhere on here? It's jazz so perhaps quite off topic for the usual stuff here!

wizbit81

Reaction score
Oof, that is the strat sound. How about dirty SRV? I assume it does it well based on what I heard.

HNGD!

Ok....so I said in my post if there were any sound queries I'd have a go and answering it, so I did :D

I haven't played any blues in a decade as you can tell...it's just not quite there, but I had a blast rocking out with my Morgan SW50R and a Wampler Dual Fusion.

Audio is potato quality as it's my phone just recording the room, but you can hear it's a bloomin' SOUND and a half. Just needs thicker strings and, well, SRV hands.