Bring Your Scene Back

papajohn2009

Reaction score
OUR SCENE IS DYING
Im from a normal city in Texas called Lufkin, and it used to be one of the greatest metal scenes that no one ever knew about! It was a beautiful thing! A town with only 35,000 people in it at one point had over 50 local metal bands! The local skatepark housed shows damn near everyday of the week regularly topping 250 kids. But as it tends to go when you live in East Texas high school leads to people transferring to hunting, general redneck-ness, and other such dumbassery. Metal bands became alt rock bands, which turned into country bands. My band Signs Of Fall is made up of the last members of those early metal bands and are the last metal band in our town. Since we've been playing kids have started to come back to shows, our last show had 160 kids by far the best pull for a metal show Lufkin's seen in 5 years. Though this is definetley great news its not enough...help us bring our scene back by supporting our band. The more support we get the more weight we'll have to get back into the bigger local venues and get more and more kids back on stage and back in the pit!

If you too want the support of your fellow musicians post a link to your bands music in the replies and maybe we'll be able to make a small difference for all of the small town metal scenes!

Signs of Fall | Facebook
Signs of Fall | Lufkin, TX | Metal / Hardcore / Rock and Roll | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Your music requires a like to listen. And with a song named cadillac devil......

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. I like your band (which I can't even listen to without liking it first) and this will do what? Get your band more gigs in a town with no scene? Bring a scene back? I don't know what your band even sounds like.

papajohn2009

Reaction score
Yeah i didnt set up the facebook and have no clue how to change that whole like to listen thing. So i through in the reverbnation page. I'll try to get on that whole like to listen thing.

Rustee

†The Skyrim Bard†
Reaction score
Wait, so you're telling me.. that liking your page will bring back my dead local scene?

Sweet!