Brunetti XL R-EVO II 120W - Bulb approves!

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Brunetti vs. Invader comparison needed sir. Be truthful but don't cause me a divorce for getting another amp :realmad:

Ok well dont worry, at least to these silly brown ears the invader still reigns superior. I mean its a tough act to follow considering that for about the same price you get an extra channel, 2 fx loops, 2 master volumes and a built in noise gate.

Soundwise, the Brunetti on channel 2 has this raw quality that is usually hard to pull off. It has the grit reminiscent of a recto, but it lets you dial that high end fizz out (unlike a recto) and the low end is surprisingly tight. The mids are very present and focused, and have a good bit of range. I liked the way the harmonic content it displayed when holding chords. Channel one was equally impressive, i was jamming out on that for a while, nice glassy and defined cleans with nice mids, you can get it to be bright easily with an eq change, and it responds well to humbuckers and single coils alike. It was channel 3 that i wasnt as happy with, it seemed to be more scooped sounding and had a more saturated and less defined character than channel 2, it took some time for me to dial in a good lead tone with it whereas ch1 and ch2 were instantaneously awesome, i think if i owned the amp i would just rely on the gmajor for a volume boost and probably just use ch2 as my lead channel as well.

Still, for me, the rhythm sound of the Invader is hard to beat. As you know i love Djent and its a Djentier amp, and the midrange just pushes on that amp. Its a smoother kind of distortion too which some of you may prefer, but some of you may like the grittier sound of ch2 on the Brunetti. I feel like the Brunetti's ch2 is closest to ch2 on the Invader. As far as clean tones go, they are both incredible, which one you prefer there really just comes down to personal taste, but i must admit that for lead sounds the Invader is considerably better than the Brunetti.
I definitely reccomend trying them out as i havent been this impressed with an amp in a very long time (and now im curious to try the others out!), and i would love to own one haha!

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
Ok well dont worry, at least to these silly brown ears the invader still reigns superior. I mean its a tough act to follow considering that for about the same price you get an extra channel, 2 fx loops, 2 master volumes and a a built in noise gate.

Soundwise, the Brunetti on channel 2 has this raw quality that is usually hard to pull off. It has the grit reminiscent of a recto, but it lets you dial that high end fizz out (unlike a recto) and the low end is surprisingly tight. The mids are very present and focused, and have a good bit of range. I liked the way the harmonic content it displayed when holding chords. Channel one was equally impressive, i was jamming out on that for a while, nice glassy and defined cleans with nice mids, you can get it to be bright easily with an eq change, and it responds well to humbuckers and single coils alike. It was channel 3 that i wasnt as happy with, it seemed to be more scooped sounding and had a more saturated and less defined character than channel 2, it took some time for me to dial in a good lead tone with it whereas ch1 and ch2 were instantaneously awesome, i think if i owned the amp i would just rely on the gmajor for a volume boost and probably just use ch2 as my lead channel as well.

Still, for me, the rhythm sound of the Invader is hard to beat. As you know i love Djent and its a Djentier amp, and the midrange just pushes on that amp. Its a smoother kind of distortion too which some of you may prefer, but some of you may like the grittier sound of ch2 on the Brunetti. I feel like the Brunetti's ch2 is closest to ch2 on the Invader. As far as clean tones go, they are both incredible, which one you prefer there really just comes down to personal taste, but i must admit that for lead sounds the Invader is considerably better than the Brunetti.
I definitely reccomend trying them out as i havent been this impressed with an amp in a very long time (and now im curious to try the others out!), and i would love to own one haha!

good review Bulb :yesway:.

and just for the record, the Brunetti Pirata 141 Impact and Valvemix versions don't require a noisegate :D. even with an X2N7 and 2 overdrives pushing the front end of the amp, it still will not feedback at you :agreed:. i haven't spent enough time with the XLII R-Evo to judge the noise factor of it though.

here's some youtube demos of the old, original Brunetti XL and the XLII R-Evo

YouTube - Brunetti XL - extra lead

YouTube - Die To Live - Roberto Cardinali

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
All this Brunetti talk is making me excited to hear back from Mr. Brunetti about making something happen. I can't wait to try one out :metal:

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
The Orange cabs are metal as fuck.

Go watch the video to Iron Man and tell me it ain't so.

Bitches.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah But Bulb playing at Matts with the apt's so close together...you could never get to play any amp loud..I insist on you comming up to my studio with your little Intrverter I mean Invader....and play an amp loud...Dude your review was cool and your "quote" brown ears could not lie!!! it is cool to hear other peoples responses to the Brunetti family of amps..they make some serious gear!! we have three different amps to try out up here....

zimbloth contact marco direct he said he was interested in talking with you to bring the amps to the USA..time to put up!!!or not!!!:realmad:

brunettitwins005.jpg

The Pirata Valve Mix Both el 34's and 6l6's you can blend them together at the same time...

brunettitwins007.jpg

My evo 1st edition custom...electroharmonix el34's and Mercury Magnetics Transformer with all solid silver teflon coated 18ga wire point to point wiring..

XLultralead.jpg

Ultra lead MONSTER

pablosgear.jpg

T-Rack 2x12..and Combo..these are Pablo's....

banner_CW.jpg

Mercury Customwork

DSC01503.jpg

Brunetti=Musical Muscles...

2008_0217showroomdic0700041.jpg

One of my Favorite Photo's edroz..Marco...Jerich.....

brunetti-day.gif

yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah But Bulb playing at Matts with the apt's so close together...you could never get to play any amp loud..

That's another good point too Misha... we got to play it with just "a bit" of volume... the Brunetti opens up EVEN MORE when you crank that sucker. I think the XLead channel sounds WAY better at higher volume... add some delay and you're good to go. The Boost channel at gig volume is incredible.... :holy: You're coming over again once I get a G-Major and THEN the fun will really begin! :wub:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich, that's the first time I've seen you post a pic that wasn't about 1 pixel big.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich, that's the first time I've seen you post a pic that wasn't about 1 pixel big.

:rofl: PWNED! So true too.... somehow he either shrinks them or takes pictures with a .0005 megapixel camera! :fawk:

Btw Billy I need to come up soon (maybe in 2 weeks?) because I'm seriously itching to get this baby cookin' a bit as I haven't been able to do so yet! It's killing me! :D

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
zimbloth contact marco direct he said he was interested in talking with you to bring the amps to the USA..time to put up!!!or not!!!:realmad:

I already talked to Ed about this last night, I told him I was definitely interested and he's going to give Marco my information. Once that occurs, we'll make something happen :metal: I'm just waiting to hear from Marco and/or Ed.

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
The futures of this amp sounds awesome, and it's three channels! It's also more affordable than I thought. I need to check this out.

Great pics man! Now get some clips :cool:

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
The futures of this amp sounds awesome, and it's three channels! It's also more affordable than I thought. I need to check this out.

Great pics man! Now get some clips :cool:

Its one of the only amps that really competes with the cobra in high gain territory imo

FoxZero

Zero Imperfections
Reaction score
Its one of the only amps that really competes with the cobra in high gain territory imo

I'm pretty much satisied with my Cobra, I'm just looking into geting different tubes. I just like trying out new amps. Only Marshall and Mesa stuff around where I'm at. Those companies bore me. :noway: Hopefully one day I can afford multible tube amps. :lol:

Latest posts