Brutal Doom Metal, is there such?

• Thread starter Akkush
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B.M.F.

Blasphemy Made Flesh
Contributor
Reaction score
Winter is one of my all time favorites. So many new bands to check out from this thread.. :D
Dusk rips too, they tuned to Drop A/A Standard (not 100% sure which.)
A roomy, scooped and gritty, atmospheric 90's production as well.

Last edited:

akinari

Reaction score
Admiral Angry - Buster
Black Sheep Wall - No Matter Where It Ends
Hexxus - Tunguska

tom schelfaut

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Check 'La Nausée' from Belgium, closer to sludge but still pretty brutal and slowish...

fleshbled696

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ive been looking for something like that too... The best albums as far as the example of brutal doom to me I can think of at the moment is PARALYSIS and AFTERLIFE.
If I find something better to match what is being sought after, I will definitely let it be known.

The new STABBING album actually has some slight death doom influence in the guitar end of it, its entirely a very sick brutal album tho. Sick guitar work.

fleshbled696

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Actually now that I think of it, these two albums ill post here fit the bill for brutal doom, Gore Dimension as well as Devangelic covers Morbid Angel on this album(not linked on this album stream though, buy the hard copy to experience the Morbid Angel cover).

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I'm searching for a while something that sounds like death metal, mid or slow tempo, but with a very dark, brooding vibe.
Doom death metal isn't the best example because most of the time they have this melancholic melodies, clean vocals, stuff like that, or they do this lo-fi BS 🙄

My best example is Morbid Angel's He who sleeps, I don't know why other bands don't write songs like this:

Other examples could be Mortiferum (a bit boring for me), and some parts in Ulcerate's and Disentomb songs.

One of the most underrated albums of all time.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
2 pages and NOBODY has posted Bongripper???

Brutal, slow, loud

Also Yob, Clearing the Path to Ascend. Great listening on @cid

Ahab, the band that got me into doom metal

Last edited: