BTBAM - Colors II - 8/20/21

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Huh. I am cautiously stoked. Colors was one of my favorite albums ever, but I didn't much care for their releases after it.

This track is giving me D-Beat Yes vibes and I'm fully about it. Glad to hear there's more goofy breakdowns to look forward to, the barn burning hoedown was unironically one of the most musically interesting sections on that album.

brector

Reaction score
Can't wait for the whole thing. Looking forward to seeing them in Atlanta on 8/3.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Preorders go live at midnight EST.
196492183_342272303934077_1300168309456995504_n.jpg

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
colors was their newest album when i found them and have loved them since. seeing them for the first time in august so i'm super stoked. super excited for the new album, they always kill it

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to keep myself up for another 2 hours to preorder. BTBAM has the kind of fanbase that would stay up to get all of the good stuff.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Aaaaand pre-ordered vinyl and "The Future is Behind Us" shirt. The site got broken. Sweet Jebus.
Also, new track rips. It's kinda like thrashy Zappa at times.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't digging the merch, but grabbed the vinyl.

EDIT: Scratch that, Sumerian store had much better offerings, grabbed a shirt.

Gnarcade

Reaction score

HOLY SHIT. I love this new song. I have to admit my first reaction to the idea of "Colors II" was skeptical, but this totally brings the same vibes as the first record. Like many others have said Colors was a hugely important album to me when it came out. It completely blew my mind how cohesive the record felt even though there was so much diverse and unique influence throughout the whole thing. I still listen to every release they come out with, but almost every other record since has been Meh.

This rips. I love the goofy funky organ/bass intro, and then when they hit that dirty minor threat style riff about a minute in I was fucking sold. I cant wait to hear the rest of this!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I’m purposefully not listening to shit until it drops, but I’m all the way hyped up. I’ve loved everything they’ve done since (and including) Alaska.

Ballsy as hell to call it Colors II.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Very hyped for this album, but still very cautious by the whole Colors II thing. I mean, Colors is my favorite from them, but Colors isn't a concept album or anything, so how do you make a part 2 without literally just making an ants of the sky 2 or an informal gluttony 2? The new single does sound closer to their old sound though than recent releases.

Latest posts