Bugera 6262 for 350 .. is it good deal?

• Thread starter carcass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carcass

Reaction score
Hi thege guys, I need kinda help .. recently i found add on the internet, someone is selling Bugera 6262 head for 350€, he told me that the nead is about 6 months old, therefore I believe it is not pre2009 model .. .what are your suggestions? do you think it is worth buying? thanks for any constructive answers;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

carcass

Reaction score
I would go for the real deal and buy a Peavey..

i would like to go rof such real deal, but my budget is right now very very low, which definitely f**king sucks .. but I think that you are right, i just want real head a big time and therefore i sometimes have such ideas like buying lowest-price tubeheads :) just few minutes ago I found an advertisement, some other guys is selling Peavey Triple XXX, but the price (850€) is totally off my student budget :-/

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
the models manuifactured in 2009 are, as far as i know, just right in the sales now - thomann etc. sold the older models first of course, and many shops still have old models on stock. if he bought it 6 month ago, its almost for SURE that this is an older model.

for a budget like this, i would go for a Randall RH150G3 for example, if you arent satisfied with your rack anymore.

carcass

Reaction score
the models manuifactured in 2009 are, as far as i know, just right in the sales now - thomann etc. sold the older models first of course, and many shops still have old models on stock. if he bought it 6 month ago, its almost for SURE that this is an older model.

for a budget like this, i would go for a Randall RH150G3 for example, if you arent satisfied with your rack anymore.

thank you for the info, know I know that it does not worth it, i dont want to buy something, that will break up every second week ;) about that randall .. hmm, I have been thinking about getting this exact head, but the thing is that I have never played it and I have no posibility to try it .. and the youtube videos I have been watching just don´t satisfied me .. but I am going to do one experiment and then I will see, how it all turn out :) anyway, thank you all for the replies, you all are the best;)

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
to get a good impression of the Randall, i would suggest to listen to old Crowbar songs (high rate extinction, existence is punishment, all i had i gave, ...) - Crowbar record since ever with an olg Randall RG head, and when i tried the new (back then) G3 series, my first thoughts were "daaaaamn, instant crowbar sound!"

of course, you cant really compare a recorded sound with real sound, and of course its not exactly the same, but in my opinion really a good way to get an impression of the "ground"-tone of the amp! the older G2 series (if you can get one used) is even more near this sound. the G3 is more bass-heavy.

you are in slovakia...how far are you away from austria/vienna? Klangfarbe in vienna has almost always the Randalls on stock.

SHRC7

Reaction score
Dan has a piont, if its one of the newer ones (early this year onwards) then its a definate deal, Bugera 6262 is an awesome amp, especially for the price, comparable to even a 6505, only slightly worse but it's a greta amp nonetheless, they had some reliabilty issues but these were fixed in the newest run

robotsatemygma

myspace.com/pygar1
Reaction score
I wouldn't write off the 6262 just yet. Going for the "real deal" is always a good idea but since you're in Slovakia, the real deal is going to be super expensive.

Most of the issues with Bugera's have been fixed, since it was mainly the first batch models that had the bulk of the problems. Go check out the comparison clips and people's reviews of the amps. They are indeed "worthy" and plus it has reverb! I've heard of guys touring with these with great luck and people switching from their Peavey's to Bugera. Plus Behringer (like B-52, Peavey, Marshall, and others) recognizes :idea: that not every guitarist can afford $5000+ to build a rig, so they made a knock off of a knock off (the 5150's were based on Soldano's I believe) to get that niche market that cannot dedicate thousands.

Trust me, I was skeptical as well with these, but due to: budget restraints, priorities, and selling my Engl to cover my ass:wallbash:, I've gone with a Bugera. Should be here Wednesday!!!

Latest posts