Bulb - New heavy/seizury/chocolatey song uploaded! (podxt, dfhs, lundgren)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FullMetalEcho

N00b Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Heya Bulb. Sounds kickass like always. What tuning is this song in, and any tips for making the guitars and drums stand out more in the mix, the kind of punch in your face sound since my recordings sound a little distant. Thanks. :hbang:

B36arin

Reaction score
Awesome recording, good work!

I just have one short question, have you really been digging Dancers to a Discordant System lately? The riff and build up to the riff at 1:03 really reminds me of that song(which btw is one of the best tracks Meshuggah have ever written imo).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what he's using to sequence drums? I've PM'd him as well, but no response.

Like it's some big secret or something? :nuts:

DFHS, it says in the title but unless you're familiar with the program I guess the abbreviation means nothing :yesway:

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Very recently superior drummer 2.0 or whatever it's called has been released yeah, I don't know many people who a) use it or b) actually prefer it over DFHS though, many people love their Sonor kits in DFHS.

For versatility and all round control over every aspect of the kit sound, DHFS is hard to top.

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the new song btw Bulb, have a quick question though:

My favorite mix of yours is absolutely 100% completely the "Absolomb" track, to me it sounds miles better than any other mix that you did prior to it and have done since...is there any reason you changed it for these style songs? was there something you didn't like about the "Absolomb" sound? just interested.

bulb

Reaction score
Anyone know what he's using to sequence drums? I've PM'd him as well, but no response.

Like it's some big secret or something? :nuts:

my bad dude, i hadnt checked the forum since you sent it to me
i use dfhs for the drums and its sequenced in nuendo

I like the new song btw Bulb, have a quick question though:

My favorite mix of yours is absolutely 100% completely the "Absolomb" track, to me it sounds miles better than any other mix that you did prior to it and have done since...is there any reason you changed it for these style songs? was there something you didn't like about the "Absolomb" sound? just interested.

i tend to get sick of my mixes pretty fast, and absolomb was one of the latest of that mix styles lifetime, guitars were too buzzy, didnt like the snare anymore and i wanted to make the whole thing sound a bit bigger and have more harmonic content in both guitars and bass.

Heya Bulb. Sounds kickass like always. What tuning is this song in, and any tips for making the guitars and drums stand out more in the mix, the kind of punch in your face sound since my recordings sound a little distant. Thanks. :hbang:

the song is in drop Ab on a 7 string
usually i find that mixes that sound distant and lack punch do so because they and the guitars especially are too scooped, mids are your guitar tone, the more you have, the more present and in your face your guitars will be!

I just have one short question, have you really been digging Dancers to a Discordant System lately? The riff and build up to the riff at 1:03 really reminds me of that song(which btw is one of the best tracks Meshuggah have ever written imo).

yeah i really dig that song, one of my faves on the album for sure. Although i totally see where you are coming from, that riff is actually a permutation of a riff that i have been sitting on for a good minute now, considerably before that album ever leaked hehe.

Espaul

Reaction score
Hey, know jake will be getting mighty pissed at me for crituiqing the recording and shizzle, but I'm just wondering.

Don't know it's only my speakers, but I hear some peakage in a lot of you songs. they seemed to be pushed to the very limit of whats playable without peakage anyway :D
Anybody else hearing peakage some? :p

As for the song goes, although it's not your greatest work, it's a killer song. And the riff at 1:03 is amaZING!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
there´s peakage, yeah, but i usually only notice peakage in bulb´s songs in the clean melody lines, because of the compressor he uses on the clean sound, making the attack of the notes "pop", and that´s alot more audible when it´s just clean guitars, and not lots of drums and distortion :p

bulb

Reaction score
Hey, know jake will be getting mighty pissed at me for crituiqing the recording and shizzle, but I'm just wondering.

Don't know it's only my speakers, but I hear some peakage in a lot of you songs. they seemed to be pushed to the very limit of whats playable without peakage anyway :D
Anybody else hearing peakage some? :p

As for the song goes, although it's not your greatest work, it's a killer song. And the riff at 1:03 is amaZING!

yeah it happens, i mean i havent really sat down and mixed this perfectly because its not going on anything yet, so when it does i will fix the small issues, the clean parts clip at some points but very slightly, so i just need to turn the volume down on those parts is all really.
but other than that i havent heard clipping on my monitors, both of my pc speakers, my ipod headphones and in 2 car systems so the clean part is the only thing im aware of that clips...

B36arin

Reaction score
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by B36arin

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
bulb said:
yeah i really dig that song, one of my faves on the album for sure. Although i totally see where you are coming from, that riff is actually a permutation of a riff that i have been sitting on for a good minute now, considerably before that album ever leaked hehe.

Ok, cool. I'm not accusing you of ripping Mesh off or anything like that, I was just curious to see if your song was influenced by DTADS. Obviously it wasn't, but influence isn't a bad thing, and it definitely sounds like bulb. Good stuff, finish up that EP!

Diggers

Reaction score
F*ck me. This stuff is awesome!

I really dig what you're doing mate! :metal:

bulb

Reaction score
haha i will eventually, im just gonna focus on periphery first and then figure out what songs will be on a bulb album hehe

friendforafoe

Chugga+Djent=Happy
Contributor
Reaction score
Hrm. Might have to see if I can "find" a copy. :D

well good luck finding any sort of torret for it...dkfhs is 35 gigs of sound...there were torrents, but all are now dead. good luck finding it in stores, because it has been discontinued due to the pending release of superior drummer 2.0. some online stores in the uk still sell them, but only ship to the uk. superior drummer 2.0 is not out yet, but should be in the may-june timeframe. your best bet is to get EZDrummer with the DKFH add-on...it's DKFHS lite and it does the job (it's what i use now). however i did get a hookup and managed to score me a copy of DKFHS which should be here in about 3-4 days :D