Bulb - New heavy/seizury/chocolatey song uploaded! (podxt, dfhs, lundgren)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Badass tune. It really throws down and the drums are killer too. Nice work as always, Bulb! :metal:

bulb

Reaction score
yay thanks a lot guys!! im really happy you guys approve, its kind of a crazy song i know, probably just need to get it out of my system hehe but i sitting on some really poppy rock riffs right now as well (not really for periphery) but that may very well be the next song i record haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
have you done something more with your guitar tone? it kinda sounds like zyglrox/totla mad tone-wise, but smoother, and a bit more open...

but really, what the hell is that thing in the end? :p

bulb

Reaction score
im pretty sure its identical to the total mad tone, but just with my carvin with the lundgren instead of the ltd f200 with the x2n, also something people dont always realize is that the keys that songs are played in make a huge difference because of the frequencies the notes occupy (total mad was like in B i think and this is Ab)

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
yay thanks a lot guys!! im really happy you guys approve, its kind of a crazy song i know, probably just need to get it out of my system hehe but i sitting on some really poppy rock riffs right now as well (not really for periphery) but that may very well be the next song i record haha

DO IT! would be cool to hear! Or..maybe spice it up with some heavy riffage and blend it in with the popish melodies :metal:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
cool... sounds like it´s got less "ow! mah eerz R hurt´n!" than before though :p

maybe you EQ´d it slightly different somewhere... or, maybe it´s just the different tuning, that´s probable :p

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I know what I'm about to say isn't going to get you to change your style or anything, but in all honesty I've gotten jaded of that particular writing style from you.

I think it sounds way cooler when you put in electronic stuff and when the song sounds out there but still focused (songs like coldemark and Not Enough Mana)

Bah, I don't like the way that really comes across, but that's my 2 piece.

Edit: looking forward to the poppier stuff that you mentioned.

bulb

Reaction score
you know within the narrow range of music i write, i still think i cover a fair amount of ground, and i mean its not like this is where my music is headed in general (neither is not enough mana for that matter) its just where i was at that moment in time.

Having said that, i would actually be surprised if someone dug EVERYTHING i put out, i mean i honestly cant say that even i feel that way haha, so its all good bro.

But just keep in mind its not so much about changing styles, so much as it is me writing whatever style comes to me in the moment and embracing that for what it is i guess...

demonlord78

Reaction score
Not only that, but it kinda' what makes a Bulb song....well, a Bulb song. He's generated a unique style and made it his own identity so it's bound to trickle into whatever he writes. I guess the cool thing about his style is that when you hear a song, you know it's him. It's inspired a lot of us, myself included, to find our own niche and focus on it to create something that we can put our own stamp on.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i, for one, love hearing the stuff that bulb puts out, becaus i know they´re not all "100% proper songs for reel", but rather ideas that Misha had, and recorded. recording ideas is vital, no matter if it´s good or bad, because you can go back and listen, and judge yourself, and thus move on to higher ground by picking and choosing...

this song wasn´t anything real special, and it doesen´t have a reserved super-duper-space in my heart, but it´s something, and it sounds nice... i like listening to it :)

you gotta touch up Racecar too, Bulb, i listen to that song all the time at night, when i go to sleep, along with the tesseract demo and stuff like that, and having a finished version would own SHARES IN A COMPANY!!!

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
you know within the narrow range of music i write, i still think i cover a fair amount of ground, and i mean its not like this is where my music is headed in general (neither is not enough mana for that matter) its just where i was at that moment in time.

Having said that, i would actually be surprised if someone dug EVERYTHING i put out, i mean i honestly cant say that even i feel that way haha, so its all good bro.

But just keep in mind its not so much about changing styles, so much as it is me writing whatever style comes to me in the moment and embracing that for what it is i guess...

Ah, world life. Your attitude and approach absolutely kicks ass.

bulb

Reaction score
haha im glad you approve of that at least bro!

oh btw i slightly updated it, its about 4mins long now, but its not finished yet...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I'm definitely digging on this update, that'll show me to jump the gun.