Can we have an ERB section?

• Thread starter sepsis311
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
If the bass section of SSO should follow the form of the guitar section, the bass stuff should have the following sub-forums:
Standard Basses
Fivestring Basses
Extended Range Basses
...right? :idea:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I hereby vote to delete the bass section, all those in favour say 'aye'.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
I think megathread is the way to go. I'm primarily a bassist but I'm here for guitar stuff since it's more oriented with heavier genres of music and of course, 7 string guitars.

@BeyondAntares I'd say 5 strings and beyond as well as the inclusion of extended scale basses. There's people playing 4 string basses at F0 and lower as well. It's kind of broad as far as what you can do with bass these days.
That makes sense. However, what stops us for making the same posts in the bass section of the forum? Regardless if it's an ERB, it's still bass.

Even if the forum is called Sevenstring.org, how many 8 string and 9 string posts did we have back in the day in the extended range forum?

Let's see if we get enough variety in the posts we make (pedals, pictures, purchase decision help, reviews, custom designs) and we could have a case to ask Alex to make us a sub.

Sometimes I have bass questions I can't get answer to at Gear space and talkbass so it'd be great if we get the sevenstring community helping with that.

Last edited:

0rimus

Reaction score
Even as a bassist I have no thought or preference. Other than I wish there was just more bass content in general.

Also kinda sad that if somebody posted a New Bass Rig thread in the Gear subforum it'd likely get 800,000 times the traffic and interest compared to if it was posted here.