Cannibal Corpse - Red before Black

• Thread starter philkilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
New album is out, and it is just crushing... I expected a thread on this by now, but oh well.

I'm surprised they're still pushing the envelope with every release; super excited to see them in December.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Modern Cannibal Corpse is awesome. Just like Dying Fetus, It's a band that got better with age and is now at the top of its game. Listened to the first 2 singles. Liked them a lot. They sound thrashier and simpler, but the signature Cannibal Corpse intensity is definitely there. I'm getting the new album tomorrow. Can't wait!

Rosal76

Reaction score
I love Cannibal. I know their new album came out yesterday and I plan to go to the mall next Monday to pick it up. Really upset with myself that I didn't make any real effort to see them live last night. The first city on their 2017 tour was here in Jacksonville, FL. Really wanted to see Pat O'Brien's new Jackson V. :agreed:

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I love Cannibal. I know their new album came out yesterday and I plan to go to the mall next Monday to pick it up. Really upset with myself that I didn't make any real effort to see them live last night. The first city on their 2017 tour was here in Jacksonville, FL. Really wanted to see Pat O'Brien's new Jackson V. :agreed:

Duuuuuude you totally should have gone. That's actually my hometown, but I'll be seeing them in Atlanta.

I saw AAL/Alluvial at Mavericks and it was great.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
Just finished listening. While A Skeletal Domain was not a bad album at all by any means, nothing really stood out for me. This one sounds like the band really enjoyed themselves while writting it. It's simpler, yes, but it's super fun to listen to. Really like it!

Rosal76

Reaction score
Duuuuuude you totally should have gone. That's actually my hometown, but I'll be seeing them in Atlanta.

Trust me. I'm still regretting that I didn't go. I'll feel much better, though, when I purchase their new album and listen to it a few times. :cool:

Last edited:

bloc

tha vagina finda
Reaction score
Relentless album, but it's kinda hard to tell when one song ends and the next one starts. I remember their last few had some tempo changes and other variations to help with that, but this one is at like one tempo throughout the entire thing.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Aside from Torture (2012), I've never really cared much for Cannibal Corpse. I'm liking this a lot.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I saw a copy of this on vinyl in a store last week... I think I just might head out and pick it up :shred:

Reaction score
In alot of ways, the new cannibal album sounds very throwback. Its surprisingly classic in structure, i definitely like the direction its headed, hope to catch them on tour!

iamaom

Reaction score
Aside from Torture (2012), I've never really cared much for Cannibal Corpse. I'm liking this a lot.
Yeah, if they keep going this way and like they did on Skeletal Domain I might start considering myself a fan.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
This album sounds dope, but the songs do kinda all run together and there isn't really any stand out tracks imo.

Reactions: fps