Cans we has a 'Used Prestige' thread?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal_Val

Reaction score
IMG-4162.jpg
My 2009 RG1527M.
I wasn’t digging the stock bridge pickup, so I replaced it with DiMarzio “Evo”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I'm just going to rave about my prestige...

I restrung my 1527 on Sunday with some regular Slinky's and have been playing it every day since. I have EMG'S, Dimarzios and a Bare Knuckle in my other RG7's but the V77/87 set sounds great and is very versatile in every pickup position. I find myself using more of the positions on this guitar than anything else I own... The neck isn't too bassy, the middle has plenty of balls and the bridge rocks. The in-between positions remind me of a tele, and it's not too thin or quiet unlike other RG's I've experienced.

I have it set up for drop A and it feels great whether I'm chugging away or playing chordal stuff drenched in reverb and delay. I'd like to add another prestige 7 to the collection but I'm happy with this one!

View attachment 145002
V87/V77 were stock in my RGD, I eventually put a Duncan Nazgul / Sentient set in their place, but I recall the V87 as being pretty usable for a stock pickup. I think I might prefer that to the Dimarzio PAF-7 or Fusion Edge stock pickups in my RG3727 or RGD3127

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
V87/V77 were stock in my RGD, I eventually put a Duncan Nazgul / Sentient set in their place, but I recall the V87 as being pretty usable for a stock pickup. I think I might prefer that to the Dimarzio PAF-7 or Fusion Edge stock pickups in my RG3727 or RGD3127
I think it's great, and I've tried all of the pickups you mentioned minus the Fusions.

I like the Paf7 as a bridge pickup but I'd probably like it better in the neck. I'll have to try that someday.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If pre prestige or non prestige Fujigen made guitars count I own two used ones that fit the title of this thread. One is my first real guitar and as used as it gets:

SCA220 made in 2001. Mahagoni Body, Kramer Quad Rail in the bridge (who else remembers and loves these?), Slash Alnico Pro in the neck, 3way switch, two volumes. It's so much fun, the neck shape is perfect and it sounds three times the size it looks. Like a good PRS plus dirt and chug.

sca220.jpeg

The other is a late '99 RG7621 I got in january this year and I LOVE this thing. Just wrote and recorded most of the score for a feature length film with this for the last two months and it just works and has so much good music and sounds in it. Bought it for dirt cheap and it was like new. Also love the stock PUs so much that I even wrote DiMarzio to learn more about them (they said they'd be really close to Super Distortions nowadays). Not sure about the sticker, it might come off again.

rg76.JPG

rg76_side.JPG
rg76_neck.JPG

I mean that classy old silver logo...

rg76_head.JPG

rg76_sticker.JPG

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If pre prestige or non prestige Fujigen made guitars count I own two used ones that fit the title of this thread. One is my first real guitar and as used as it gets:

SCA220 made in 2001. Mahagoni Body, Kramer Quad Rail in the bridge (who else remembers and loves these?), Slash Alnico Pro in the neck, 3way switch, two volumes. It's so much fun, the neck shape is perfect and it sounds three times the size it looks. Like a good PRS plus dirt and chug.

View attachment 145586

The other is a late '99 RG7621 I got in january this year and I LOVE this thing. Just wrote and recorded most of the score for a feature length film with this for the last two months and it just works and has so much good music and sounds in it. Bought it for dirt cheap and it was like new. Also love the stock PUs so much that I even wrote DiMarzio to learn more about them (they said they'd be really close to Super Distortions nowadays). Not sure about the sticker, it might come off again.

View attachment 145587

View attachment 145588
View attachment 145589

I mean that classy old silver logo...

View attachment 145590

View attachment 145591

I don't know if I'd count them, but they're both awesome regardless! I love 7620's but that SCA is super cool!

Moongrum

Reaction score
Hahaha, you mean my Jerry Hsu allegiance?
uh...Jerry who???
nnnn.PNG
Cool guitar, though. As a lefty, a fixed bridge prestige is the dream. Any chance you can reveal the movie name? I'm curious to know what a film score with a 7 string is like 😁