Cans we has a 'Used Prestige' thread?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
uh...Jerry who???
View attachment 145595
Cool guitar, though. As a lefty, a fixed bridge prestige is the dream. Any chance you can reveal the movie name? I'm curious to know what a film score with a 7 string is like 😁
Jerry Hsu is one of my fav skaters who founded Sci-Fi. If you wanna see him skate, boop the link, might not look that shocking but I think half the stuff is switch.

It's a small movie, might not make it out of Germany hehe..
A score with a down tuned 7 sounds like you might imagine, but with less metal distortion and loads of clipped leslies hahaha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I have had those for like 20-25 years. I think they came from Musician's Friend. They were called the "catch it" guitar stand or "grab it" stand. Because the center arm is spring loaded, the two side arms swing in to hug the guitar body. They work great for X-shaped guitars like Warlocks, Dean ML / Dime 333, Stealth, Xiphos, etc.

It was the catch-o-matic guitar stand. I cannot seem to find any valid links to one.
They look really good. I got a Hercules GS412B stand for my Xiphos, which works well but the guitar would swing if knocked.

Having only fairly recently started owning any 7-strings (RG1527 & RGD2127Z), I was frustrated to find that they don't really fit in my String Swing wall rack. The wider neck causes it to jam in the hanger rather than resting on the curves of the headstock.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
Great looking axe...congrats

Does Ibby make this same guitar in a 6 string? Anyone know?
In terms of same aesthetic in a 6-string, the RG5121-DBF is most similar, but the specs are very different:
Active pickups vs. passive
25.5" scale vs. 27"
Fixed bridge vs. floating
Clear gloss mahogany back vs. blue back

The discontinued RG3520Z was also available in Darktide Blue Flat (DBF), but again is standard scale length and active pickups etc.

In terms of a 27" scale 6-string, realistically you would be looking at Indonesian models of varying specs / finishes...none of which would be very similar to the RG2027XL (other than the basic RG shape and the 27" scale length).

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
They look really good. I got a Hercules GS412B stand for my Xiphos, which works well but the guitar would swing if knocked.

Having only fairly recently started owning any 7-strings (RG1527 & RGD2127Z), I was frustrated to find that they don't really fit in my String Swing wall rack. The wider neck causes it to jam in the hanger rather than resting on the curves of the headstock.
If you find better rack let us know...
I have a 7 string Xiphos and 7 string Agile King V (Hornet) I need them for