Caparison Dellinger Pro (Trans Dark Rose) Photos

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
how come you don't own any then? :scratch::wavey:

Because I want to attempt to make a living and I primarily play 7's? Caparison only makes around 30 guitars per month worldwide, so they're very scarce. Most of the models I order are snatched up by customers before I even receive them. I plan on owning some eventually though as each and every piece I've got in has impressed the fuck out of me. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why they should have ebony on their rosewood models

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why they should have ebony on their rosewood models

I agree with you, no one likes ebony boards more than I do, but some people dig rosewood and there's plenty of variety available. There are many models including the Horus that have ebony boards. Everyone has their own tastes, what can you do? :)

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
Caparisons are like heroine. I have a Red Sunset from zimbloth and I feel myself lusting for a natural Dellinger II LMFAO.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
ah crap Nick,

The last thing I need is more gas.

I love the oiled walnut horus as well. If only that came as a 7.

holy crap that control cavity cover is giant :lol: i really wish they'd round off the neck heel to be more like an AANJ, that heel is only nominally better than the traditional block heel...

Actually I really like Ibanez's old block heel which was slanted as well as having a slight carve. I don't know why I find it more comfortable than the aanj. Doesn't make much sense at all. But it is for me. :lol:
But only on 6 strings. My friend has an old 540s7 that has the block and I prefer aanj on 7s

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
That looks so much better than the catalog photos:agreed:

I personally dig all of them, but I love the ones with the grain showing too. Especially the Horus HGS Oiled Walnut, can't wait to get that one in :)

If I had the cash I'd so get one of those. Definitely one of my favorite guitars.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
that looks good! i thought it was a matte finish but i wasnt sure.

now if only it wasnt FR'd.. :lol:.

there's a Hamer USA Eclipse going for $700 in southern ontario - it looks absolutely gorgeous. if i wasnt "mr ink" and "mr custom guitar" i would have prooobably grabbed it by now lol. if i could swing it, i would. but i cant.

a oiled walnut one, eh nick? now that oughtta be a droolfest.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
caparison angelus-hgs

Caparison's pictures in general don't do the guitar's justice. I haven't seen the oiled one in person though so I may be mistaken on this one. It looks sexy already though.

Though Ibanez definitely takes the cake in worst looking product pictures ever.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Caparison's pictures in general don't do the guitar's justice. I haven't seen the oiled one in person though so I may be mistaken on this one. It looks sexy already though.

Yeah they really are quite bad. A big part of my strategy in building interest in these guitars long term is to provide realistic, flattering photos. It really does go a long way. I was never intrigued by these until I saw some in real life.

I'm sure the Horus HGS Oiled Walnut will be absolutely gorgeous IRL. I expect to get one of those in within 30 days, should be fun. I've never played a 100% walnut guitar before, should be sweet. Especially cool that it comes tuned to B which is my standard 6-string tuning anyways :)

that looks good! i thought it was a matte finish but i wasnt sure.

now if only it wasnt FR'd.. :lol:
a oiled walnut one, eh nick? now that oughtta be a droolfest.

I'm not really a floyd guy either but these Schallers are very high quality and comfortable. I wouldn't mind keeping this thing as I pretty much use one tuning per guitar anyhow :)

That looks so much better than the catalog photos:agreed:

If I had the cash I'd so get one of those. Definitely one of my favorite guitars.

:yesway:

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
If I ever win the lottery, zimbloth will be the first person I'd be hitting up for something(s).

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
Oh trust me Nick, Walnut fucking rules.

I can never decide whether I want an entirely walnut body or want to pair it with a little bit of korina. But yeah it's by far my favorite tonewood.

Inazone

Reaction score
Cool, could you share a pic of your Hamer?

Yeah Caparisons aren't cheap, but I don't think $ in the high teens is so bad for a guitar of this caliber. It's priced about the same or less as your average Jackson Soloist and in my opinion these eat those for lunch in every way.

Let's see if the attachment comes through OK. The pic is a scan from when I got it, which must be coming up on ten years ago, so pardon the poor quality. I'll have to take something recent, but this gives you a rough idea.

Attachments

• ryan_apt2.jpg
    ryan_apt2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 12

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Let's see if the attachment comes through OK. The pic is a scan from when I got it, which must be coming up on ten years ago, so pardon the poor quality. I'll have to take something recent, but this gives you a rough idea.

Cool dude :yesway:

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree about the shitty Caparison pics, I'd've never gotten a Frozen Sky if it were like the official pics.