Caparison TAT's vs Jackson Soloists...how do they compare

• Thread starter EchelonXIII
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EchelonXIII

Reaction score
Sup guys,

So I've got this kinda awesome Caparison TAT...but now I'm able to score a deal on an American Jackson SL-1... Having never owned an American Jackson I'm wondering how the 2 compare. They're constructed in the same way, and out of the same woods...but how do the 2 compare in feel, sound, and playability? I reckon that in the end I will be keeping only 1...so I could use some feedback on this one.

I do prefer a clear, bright, and punchy tone, and the TAT seems to have that...but I can get the Jackson for a steal, because the guy is a friend.

So...any experienced players of both brands that can chip in?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tssb

Reaction score
play both and see which one you prefer, leave brands out of the equation.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
^ That, but I will say that Jacksons usually have FANTASTIC necks, it's a feel you can't really find consistently on any other guitar.

Not played enough Caparisons to be able to say much more though.

Bloodshredder

Reaction score
The compund radius on the Jacksons is one of my favorite neck shapes. Capas have fantastic necks too, they feel a little "rounder" to mee, but that will depend on your hands. You have to try those and see what fits you better. Everything else is just talking.

Jujex

Reaction score
Caparison's neck is rounder than the soloist, I'm not sure however about the regular TATs but I played a Tat Special for an hour or so at Sam Ash and loved it, it was better than the PRSs, JEM7V, ESPs, even the Jackson Misha HT6 (aslo I played a Horus and a Dellinger but they were not as good TAT) but the soloist can be as good as the that with a more comfortable neck. Playability wise, I'd say they are both magnificent but Sound wise I prefer the Jackson (it could be the Caparison pickups though but still), and keep in mind that Jackson will cost you less and this was the Special not the regular one. It was Black and 3500$ while a brand new SL2H black costs 1000$ less so I say go with the Jackson.

But Jacksons are infectious, once you own one, the other guitars just don't feel right anymore!!

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Tats have a rounder, larger neck. Very Gibsonish. The neck on a typical USA Soloist is very comfortable with no quirks of any kind, if that makes sense. Just a good medium thin, somewhat rounded neck.