Capo on Strandberg guitars?

• Thread starter Brohoodofsteel75
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brohoodofsteel75

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just sold my old Mayones Regius 8 and now I'm in the market for for another 8 string guitar. A lot of the songs I've written use a capo on the high 6 strings. Is it possible to use a capo like that on a strandberg 8 with the endurneck profile? Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt794

Reaction score
I just gave it a shot since you got me curious. Using a Dunlop trigger capo, I couldn't reliably get the first 6 strings down below the 4th fret. It almost works on the third, but it's a no-go on the first two frets.

On the lower frets, the capo wants to slide off, so it just bends all the strings it's on.

cip 123

Reaction score
Yvette Young uses a capo on her strandbergs occasionally, dunno what type but look in to it and it might help.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
Wow, I'd honestly never thought of this! I know that Tosin uses them sometimes.

jemfloral

Reaction score
The spot that Tosin and Javier use the capo at (essentially the zero fret) actually has a flat neck profile at that spot (i.e. no neck carve / it's really the headstock) so a standard capo will work just fine for them. Additionally he's just capo'ing the two lowest strings, so it's easier to make sure that the capo is positioned to get both of them, whereas trying to capo an eight string neck with the endurneck is a bit more of a challenge.

I'd be interested in hearing what Yvette uses since she's does play with the capo all over the neck.

Insomnia

Needs more strings!
Reaction score
The spot that Tosin and Javier use the capo at (essentially the zero fret) actually has a flat neck profile at that spot (i.e. no neck carve / it's really the headstock) so a standard capo will work just fine for them. Additionally he's just capo'ing the two lowest strings, so it's easier to make sure that the capo is positioned to get both of them, whereas trying to capo an eight string neck with the endurneck is a bit more of a challenge.

I'd be interested in hearing what Yvette uses since she's does play with the capo all over the neck.

I know all about the Rick Toone-designed integrated capo system, but I thought I'd seen a video where he used it at around 12th-14th fret...