Capturing Kemper Profiles with TONEX vst

• Thread starter brutalwizard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Just posting I did it and it works. Like insanely well. Like 10 years of owning all the coolest ir's, plugins, modeling units, tonechasing, complex eq matching, Ect.

Thinking of making a video, but it would popularize the topic probably.

When i first got the kemper i profiled so many VST plugins in the box, posted them on the tone exchange and SOOOOOOOOO many people downloaded and 5 stared, like thousands. never once said they were plugins lollolol.

What's yall's thoughts of the legality of SELLING captured tonex tones of kemper profiles. LOL debate.

Scornedboy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just posting I did it and it works. Like insanely well. Like 10 years of owning all the coolest ir's, plugins, modeling units, tonechasing, complex eq matching, Ect.

When i first got the kemper i profiled so many VST plugins in the box, posted them on the tone exchange and SOOOOOOOOO many people downloaded and 5 stared, like thousands. never once said they were plugins lollolol.

What's yall's thoughts of the legality of SELLING captured tonex tones of kemper profiles. LOL debate.
Hi, I Know your profiles from the exchange. They are great!
Can you explain how do you capture your Kemper in Tonex, I want to try it, but I have no idea how to do it
Thanks

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Are you selling captured profiles of paid profiles? I personally wouldn't do that, but if you're re-capturing your own kemper profiles I can't image what the ethical/legal issue would be.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chasinglows

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tonex is super cool! I tried to capture my modified jmp-1. When I only tried to capture the preamp it didn’t get it right. But capturing the whole chain preamp -> power amp -> cab -> mic -> preamp -> ad it did a terrific job. Anyone with the same results?

JBM100

Reaction score
There are already many Tonex captures of Neural DSP plugins and of Helix amps. It's just a matter of time until Kemper profiles are there as well. At the end, you're not sure what you're downloading (real amp vs model). But if it's sounds good, it sounds good, right? Some user tones sounds excellent (way better that the IK ones).

ChopTones also published their first pack. I guess they captured real amps. Anyone tried it ?

Last edited: