Car Detailing

• Thread starter Mattykoda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
My wife got me a Chemical Guys kit for Christmas, with foam cannon, bucket w/ grit guard, and a bunch of other stuff. I've heard good and bad things about their products, and I was a little skeptical, but I have to say, they are not too bad. They are not the best products I've used, but they are not the worst. I would say they are very user friendly and more for the novice/intermediate detailer.

IMG-1888.jpg

IMG-1892-1.jpg

IMG-1893-1.jpg

Looks like I missed that back mudflap.

And then it started raining.

Last edited:

jaxadam

Reaction score
Over the past few years, I have acquired quite a large collection of Chemical Guys equipment and products for washing and detailing our cars. I really enjoy doing that, for whatever reason. I have their Torque cannon (one of them) that I connect to an electric Greeworks 2000 PSI pressure washer.

I'm just seeing your post now on this, but I got the Torq Cannon as well. I haven't used it because I didn't feel like pulling out my pressure washer, but let me know if you think it is worth it (my pressure washer gets about 3 gallons to the mile).

Just some notes on the products I used a few days ago:

I am not impressed with their Vinyl/Plastic product. Maybe it's just me, but it seems very greasy, and I have kind of gotten away from the Armor All look and feel years ago and found much better matte products.

The wax was not bad, but it's the first product that has ever turned my hand yellow. And I mean yellow like I had to scrub like a mother to get it to come off.

The glass cleaner I thought was okay, but it seems to leave a haze or streaks like Sonax. For the price, I'd stick with Invisible Glass, Adam's Glass Cleaner, or Sprayway (right now I think this is one of the best ones out there).

My wife had a horrible time with the new Meguair's Ceramic Wax in a Bottle spray. She basically had to take her car through the car was after that fiasco.

Last edited:

JSanta

Reaction score
I'm just seeing your post now on this, but I got the Torx Cannon as well. I haven't used it because I didn't feel like pulling out my pressure washer, but let me know if you think it is worth it (my pressure washer gets about 3 gallons to the mile).

Just some notes on the products I used a few days ago:

I am not impressed with their Vinyl/Plastic product. Maybe it's just me, but it seems very greasy, and I have kind of gotten away from the Armor All look and feel years ago and found much better matte products.

The wax was not bad, but it's the first product that has ever turned my hand yellow. And I mean yellow like I had to scrub like a mother to get it to come off.

The glass cleaner I thought was okay, but it seems to leave a haze or streaks like Sonax. For the price, I'd stick with Invisible Glass, Adam's Glass Cleaner, or Sprayway (right now I think this is one of the best ones out there).

My wife had a horrible time with the new Meguair's Ceramic Wax in a Bottle spray. She basically had to take her car through the car was after that fiasco.

I think the foam cannon is great. It's held up really well the past two seasons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I've really like their Hydro Slick soap. With all the bugs and tar we have on the roads in the summer in WNY, it does a really good job of not letting things stick to the paint.

The Speed Wipe quick exterior detailer is great for just a quick wipe down after a wash. Nice shine without a lot of work.
Their interior leather products have been good, no complaints about being too greasy, but I would not use it on a steering wheel.
Inner Clean works well to get most of the crud out of the interior dash, plastics, and vinyl.
I use the Silk Shine for mostly everything else in the interior.

I haven't been a huge fan of their glass cleaner. Nothing beats the Stoner Glass Cleaner in my experience. I use it inside of my house too, it gets rid of the dog nose prints in the windows really well.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Iced down da whip hard the other day. Used mostly Mother's products (cleaner wax, VLR, etc...)

IMG-8683.jpg

Then the sprinklers went off the next morning and it was kind of windy.