Carvin 6 string question

• Thread starter slythy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slythy

Reaction score
I'm really interested in buying a DC600 and had some questions about the neck profile as i have never played a Carvin guitar before.

The guitars that i enjoy playing the most are my Schecter c-1s. I love that neck thickness. The other guitars I enjoy are PRS and Fenders. How do the carvins compare? I absolutely cant stand playing on an ibanez, they are just way to thin and it hurts my hand/wrist.

Any insight will help me greatly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
Overall a pretty nice medium-thin C.

Thinner than a standard strat, in between prs wide thin and wide fat for thickness.

Nowhere near an Ibanez wizard in terms of thinness.

I love most prs profiles (although I struggle a bit with wide thin / pattern thin lately), most Suhr elliptical, and the carvin standard profile (on 90% of guitars) is also right up my alley.

You can pay a bit for thinner / thicker profiles, but the difference is really not a lot.

laxu

Reaction score
The regular profile is decently chunky. Not too big, not too thin. I think they have measurements on the website too.

Shask

Reaction score
I'm really interested in buying a DC600 and had some questions about the neck profile as i have never played a Carvin guitar before.

The guitars that i enjoy playing the most are my Schecter c-1s. I love that neck thickness. The other guitars I enjoy are PRS and Fenders. How do the carvins compare? I absolutely cant stand playing on an ibanez, they are just way to thin and it hurts my hand/wrist.

Any insight will help me greatly.

Imagine the Schecter profile/shape, but a little thinner.

It is no where near as flat or "D" shaped as an Ibanez or Jackson. Not quite as full and round as a PRS or Fender. They remind me more of an ESP/LTD if they didn't have the flat stripe down the middle of the neck, and continued out to a full "C" shape instead of their "U" shape.

Something else I noticed, is the Kiesel / Carvin neck doesn't get as wide as Ibanez as it gets closer to the body. Even through the nut width is the same, there is almost a 2mm difference at the 24th fret. Basically, the Kiesel neck stays a more consistent width, and doesn't get as wide as you get closer to the body. I have small hands and wrist issues, and I feel like I can fly all over with their neck. I thought I would want their thin neck profile, but it is nice how it is.

slythy

Reaction score
How much thinner are we talking? If its close to prs or schecter i think ill be more than happy. Currently my spec guitar is nonrefundable and $2300 so i better like it haha.