Carvin CT7 - Maybe in the works?

• Thread starter chance0
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
p.s. I'm rather enjoying the mock ups. Requests are welcome.

I've got one for you: TL70 (7 string Carvin TL body). Not sure which headstock would look best, but i'm sure by playing around with it, you could make a killer looking mockup, judging from your past works on this thread.:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vitor gracie

7 String Convert
Reaction score
The standard CT headstock would be a great additional option on these, but honestly the stock DC727 headstock looks fantastic in that black mockup! :agreed:

Yup...looking at it I would have to agree. 727 headstock for the CT all the way. My Photoshop of this is a little bit ghetto looking but it works.

CarvinCT727.jpg

Dark_Matter

Reaction score
post from carvin bbs thread said:
I talked to Bart on 8/27, and he told me about all the emails he got and how he sent them all to the big boss. I guess the big boss is on vacation til next Friday, sept 7, so we will know more then! Cross your fingers.

keep the emails going dudes

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I did send an email in and I will get one if it happens but know what would really complete it and make it perfect in my eyes? Putting a vintage-style trem on it. They introduced the new 6string trem, I'd love to see a 7 string version or a hipshot contour option. Very wishful thinking, I know, but I'd get two or three if that was possible. Now, looks like I'll use a NT blank and make my own CT7 with a hipshot, and get a hardtail one if they officially make it.

chance0

Reaction score
The latest non-news:

The rep I contacted initially replied to my question of a CT7 also replied to my latest email, where I asked if there was a timeframe for a CT7. The answer, which was brief again:

"No"

Haha. Nice that he replies, though!

If you're interested in this guitar, send your emails to Carvin. They *are* paying attention. Whether or not they'll do anything about it, I don't know. :D

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
This is the latest email I just sent Carvin, from a newly created gmail account:

CT7/CT8, CS7/CS8, CT7/CT8, CS7/CS8, CT7/CT8, CS7/CS8,

Can you tell what is on a lot of your customers minds?

You build, we buy.

We beg of you, please take our money!!

NickS

Reaction score
Why not? It'd be something interesting to see, and if they are dragging there feet this much on a CT7, I don't actually expect it to ever be reality, I just threw it out there for fun.

The more we pester them, hopefully the faster they respond.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Why not? It'd be something interesting to see

Yeah but that's the thing, a CT7 would likely sell very well. A CT8... much harder sell and they almost definitely wouldn't recoup the funds put into the CNC programming it would take to do it.

NickS

Reaction score
I realize that, but I can dream, can't I. I don't really expect them to come out with one, but I will definitely get the 7 string version if/when they start building them.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
A CT8... much harder sell and they almost definitely wouldn't recoup the funds put into the CNC programming it would take to do it.
I'll bet that was said about the DC800 series & they seemed to take off quite well. Companies need to take risks. Customers realize a good product when they see it & they will support it. Carvin is one of those companies that benefits well by listening to its customers & building a quality product w/ loads of options that their customer base can get behind.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll bet that was said about the DC800 series & they seemed to take off quite well. Companies need to take risks. Customers realize a good product when they see it & they will support it. Carvin is one of those companies that benefits well by listen to its customers & building a quality product w/ loads of options that their customer base can get behind.

You're preaching to the choir, but honestly, you think the carved top 8 is going to sell them boatloads vs a carved top 7? Honestly, the market for 7's is definitely bigger than 8's, if we're pushing for something it might as well be for the item that would benefit a wider audience and likely be more widely accepted. I'm sure the 8-stringers would like the option, but if we're pushing for a new model, might as well go with the safer (relatively-speaking) bet instead of rushing them to put out two new models at the same time if they're already iffy enough about doing the 7. If the 7 does well, maybe they'll do an 8 later but I'd rather see the one that will definitely sell get off the ground versus the alternative and have an 8 not sell well then NOT end up with a CT7 model getting produced due to "low demand".

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
You're preaching to the choir, but honestly, you think the carved top 8 is going to sell them boatloads vs a carved top 7? Honestly, the market for 7's is definitely bigger than 8's, if we're pushing for something it might as well be for the item that would benefit a wider audience and likely be more widely accepted. I'm sure the 8-stringers would like the option, but if we're pushing for a new model, might as well go with the safer (relatively-speaking) bet instead of rushing them to put out two new models at the same time if they're already iffy enough about doing the 7. If the 7 does well, maybe they'll do an 8 later but I'd rather see the one that will definitely sell get off the ground versus the alternative and have an 8 not sell well then NOT end up with a CT7 model getting produced due to "low demand".
Oh, I completely agree that we should push for a 7 first.

What I was referring to was that the DC800 came out fairly quickly after the DC700. It almost leads me to believe Carvin had every intention of releasing both 7 & 8s to test the waters. Their gamble paid off. Therefore, if they were to introduce a CT7, it would not surprise me to see a CT8 follow closely behind.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Which would be even more specific and ridiculous because alan probably wouldnt even want it to happen seeing he doesnt play 7's. So basically what you think is that your specific is ok but others specifics are ridiculous? or did I miss something.

I was requesting a mockup. I thought it'd look cool. :shrug:. That's all.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

What I was referring to was that the DC800 came out fairly quickly after the DC700. It almost leads me to believe Carvin had every intention of releasing both 7 & 8s to test the waters. Their gamble paid off. Therefore, if they were to introduce a CT7, it would not surprise me to see a CT8 follow closely behind.

Having both options eventually would be sweet for the 8-stringers, absolutely. Didn't the DC800 come out first, then the DC700 later? :scratch: That worked well in THAT scenario, but I still stand firm that the carved top 7 should happen first... slightly biased and for more selfish reasons I guess, but still... :rofl: ;)

potatohead

Reaction score

I'm almost certain the DC700/800 came out at the same time.

However with that said, I'd be surprised to see a CT8

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
I'm almost certain the DC700/800 came out at the same time.

However with that said, I'd be surprised to see a CT8

actually the DC700 was announced in august of 2011 and the DC800 was announced in october of 2011

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I'm just referring to how the CT body would jive with an eight string neck, seems off to me. That being said, the DC800 is a pretty classic superstrat shape, and the best selling eights out there are definitely superstrats. Not as much risk as PRS style carve top if you ask me.