Carvin option 50 question

• Thread starter Charvel7string
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Charvel7string

Reaction score
I plan on ordering a dc727 for my birthday in a few months and was wondering if carvin will do a rosewood neck with 2 ebony stripes for me I'll pay plenty extra no problem. Also I want a Claro walnut top but would really like to pick one out my self via email because of how different they can be. If anyone knows if the option 50 can do this please let me know I'll buy the rosewood slab and have it shipped to them if nessisary. Cheers bros thanks!:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
probably best to just call them and ask since that's pretty far removed from what they normally do. From what i've heard is that Carvin's customer service is fantastic so they'll help.

Mike

Reaction score
My guess is they'll most likely do it only if you yourself provide the blank (wood). I could be wrong, but any "off the menu" options that they don't already carry the parts, woods, pickups, etc. for, that I've seen done in the past have all been provided by the customer.

edit: I know and understand that they carry both rosewood and ebony, but I don't know if their blanks are considered suitable by them to be made into necks.

Mike

Reaction score
You should probably open up a new thread for your question in the Luthiery section. That's where you'll get the best answers.