Carvin, Suhr, PRS, Ibanez Prestige , Jackson for your consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbardu

Reaction score
OK so after having been burnt a couple of times by Mods for having a number of threads open at the same time (plus no way to edit a post after a short while), I'm consolidating what I have for sale here. The goal is still to help me get back below 15 guitars at home :). Primarily for sale at the moment, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading for the right PRS USA (Custom 24 Floyd comes to mind), or a nice Gibson SG (with cash either way depending on the trade). No amps please.

For sale, I'll give all-inclusive O.B.O prices on those guitars, meaning the prices include shipping to continental USA and paypal fees on me.
Please note that all my guitars are professionally cleaned up and setup before any sale or trade. I guarantee that all those will play much better than the typical guitar you will find "new" at a guitar shop.

Note that if you see some serial numbers obscured in pictures, that's on purpose.

------------

First up, a bunch of Carvin DCs (pre-2013 models, so with the nicer and thicker figured tops), then random PRS/Suhr/Jackson

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin DC127 #1 - Black Flame
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardcase
Your Location (City,State or City,Country): California
International OK?: OK if you pay shipping
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me
References (eBay or other forum userid): quite a few good deals here + eBay references + carvin forums + TGP
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 775 O.B.O

Standard Woods (premium alder body & maple neck) + Black Flame Maple top, Wilkinson Tremolo, Standard c22 pickups, medium jumbo frets.
Condition: 8.9/10. Quite a few superficial finish scratches here and there. Many pictures available on demand. Nothing structural at all, absolutely nothing through the wood, just not a museum piece.

MORE PICTURES HERE (Click)

sYkA2dz.jpg

-----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin DC127 #2 - Green Quilt
References (eBay or other forum userid): quite a few good deals here + eBay references + carvin forums + TGP
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 850 O.B.O

Standard Woods (premium alder body & maple neck) + Green Quilt Maple top, Wilkinson Tremolo, Tung Oil neck, Standard c22 pickups, medium jumbo frets.
Condition: 9.8/10. Only scratches I could find were in the backplate, plus extremely superficial polishing swirls.

pt1a8lR.jpg

----------

If anyone has a concern about the wilkinson trems on the 2 above, I was actually concerned before getting those guitars from some bad reviews around the net. However, in practice, they have worked very well for me and stay in tune well. That said, I have a BRAND NEW VS100 available that I can install on any one of the two Wilkinson-equipped ones for 95$. That's a great deal considering that VS-100s cost usually north of 140$, without talking about installation.

----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin DC127 #3 - Blue Flame
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 890 O.B.O

Mahogany body and neck + Blue Flame Maple top, recessed TOM, birdseye maple fretboard, stainless steel medium jumbo frets, upgraded DiMarzio pickups (D-Sonic bridge, Air Norton neck)
Condition: 9.7/10. Couple of tiny impressions in the finish of the body (impossible for me to take in pictures), plus extremely superficial polishing swirls.

r7sBfbM.jpg

----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd New Old Stock, Vintage Sunburst - practically new
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): SE Premium Gig Bag
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 750 O.B.O

Got this guitar VERY recently. It was VERY shortly a demo model, but I grabbed it in new condition save for extremely superficial polishing/pick swirls.
Still has plastics on the back. Original Gigbag, and all accessories just as new.
Those Cu24 Floyd are amazing guitars, but I have found a black one that suits me better visually (even though it plays and sounds the same).

bAMyc60.jpg

----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: PRS SE Singlecut with tons of upgrades
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): SE Premium Gig Bag
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 390 O.B.O

EXCELLENT rock/hard rock etc guitar. Basically upgraded everything: locking tuners, nut; pickups are PRS Se Vintage Bass at neck and Gibson USA Burstbucker in the bridge. Can go head to head with any US-made guitar out there.

Functionally, this is pretty much perfect, with perfect neck, electronics. Frets look almost new. Cosmetics-wise, it has a couple of surface dings here and there, but very small.

F3kdQ0e.jpg

----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Jackson RRXT24 with upgrades
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): None
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 499 O.B.O

Long story short, this is the closest I've felt to a USA RR1 without the price tag; plus a couple of sweet things on top of that.

Neck through construction, frets professionally dressed and aligned, this plays like a dream. 2 extra frets (24 frets) compared to most RRs.
Upgraded pickups (Seymour Duncan Blackouts), and the awesome flush Dunlop straploks. This guitar DOES NOT have the typical balance problems that many RRs and Kellys have.

The bigger "wing" is a bit scratched at the tip, but other than that, the condition is excellent, with just a bit of VERY superficial wear, extremely hard to spot.
The neck if perfect (and amazing) - and all electronics and hardware are perfect too. Frets look almost new.

olHKl1y.jpg

----------

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Ibanez PRESTIGE RG 1420 Anniversary - Red Flamed top
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): Padded gig bag, tremolo arm
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 750 O.B.O

For me this is the next best thing this side of a J-Custom. Prestige quality, five piece neck, edge pro bridge, wizard prestige neck.
Only thing is I just found my J-Custom, that will remain my main Ibanez for the short term, so I'm selling this one.
This is the 10th anniversary model, with rare flamed maple. They used to retail for more than 1500 US$ if I recall properly.

Condition is VERY good for an Ibanez. It only has two of the typical Ibanez finish marks (small but visible in the pictures - one at the bottom, one even smaller in the upper cutaway), plus minimal surface wear here and there.
That's it. Excellent neck, frets, fretboard, hardware and electronics. Ready to rock.

QsImRyD.jpg

----------

Last but not least...

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: signed Suhr Modern Pro Floyd HH, Govan profile
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): Suhr premium travel padded gig bag, spec sheet, trem arm
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 1450 O.B.O

The description is going to be short.
This is the real deal. Striped quatersawn maple neck, striped Pau Ferro fretboard, jumbo stainless steel frets, Modern Elliptical GG (Govan 0.800-0.850) neck profile, Recessed Gotoh Floyd (the best 'traditional' Floyd on the market today), Locking tuners, Suhr SSV/SSH+ hum buckers, finished in purple web gloss (impossible to show in pictures unfortunately...). This is also signed by JS behind the headstock.

This is just a top grade super-strat. I'd keep it, but I'm a sucker for figured tops, and I've just found its (much more expensive) replacement.

It has one obvious ding on the upper horn, a bit of pick hazing, and very minimal superficial wear.
The rest could pass as new. Functionally like new (hardware, neck, frets, fretboard, etc).

VUTEYgb.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ihunda

Reaction score
Hey my friend, what's the fretboard radius (compound?) on the suhr?

mbardu

Reaction score
Hey my friend, what's the fretboard radius (compound?) on the suhr?

Yes! it's compound, I should have mentioned that. 10-14"
Doesn't get any better than that :)

Edit: didn't notice you were local too!

mbardu

Reaction score
Quick update, the se singlecut and black carvin are gone!

mbardu

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I've answered all pms.
Most guitars are still here, as mentioned except the black carvin and red se singlecut.

Otaru

Reaction score
If only that purple Carvin was a fixed bridge... so sexy.

mbardu

Reaction score
If only that purple Carvin was a fixed bridge... so sexy.

Don't know which purple one you're referring to :)

The first one (black, sold btw) does have a trem... And the third one (blue) is a fixed bridge.

mbardu

Reaction score
All Carvins are gone now.

Left: Jackson, SE Floyd and Ibanez Prestige

mbardu

Reaction score
Quick update since I got a few questions: the SE Floyd is gone.

Left are the Jackson and Ibanez.

Status
Not open for further replies.