Carvin v3 for Meshuggah/Nevermore ish music?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
read the title....

and uhhh.....it sure looks a hell of alot like MESA. i figured i might save up for this this summer, but im still sceptical

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CC323

Classical/Jazz/Prog
Reaction score
Your Skepticality is good. That amplifier is a piece of crap in my opinion. After looking in one, I was amazed that they can even repair them. The gain is really fizzy and SS like until it's fully dimed, which is way to loud. It's not very well built either. Go VHT, Diezel, or maybe Rectifier.

drenzium

Reaction score
Your Skepticality is good. That amplifier is a piece of crap in my opinion. After looking in one, I was amazed that they can even repair them. The gain is really fizzy and SS like until it's fully dimed, which is way to loud. It's not very well built either. Go VHT, Diezel, or maybe Rectifier.

bear in mind this is subjective. all amps sound different to different people. you could be using any combination of gear whether it be guitar, pickups, or speakers and it sounded one way for you.

my advice is if you really want to know what its like, track down a store that has one and use gear as similar as possible to your own, if its close enough, even bring your own gear in. if it means a potential purchase, they should help you out however you need

your thinking ahead by asking other people here first, which is good, but at the end of the day, only you know what sounds good to you

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
i haven't really liked them at all when i've tried them. imo they're pretty loose sounding, not that great for heavy metal tones. good for rock or something though. also really fizzy until you get it really loud.

come to think of it, i dont like any of carvin's amps (though their guitars are awesome).

also, you will probably have trouble finding one to try, unless you can find one used somewhere, since last time i checked, carvin only has stores in california.

last time i was at the carvin store i recorded a video of my friend playing a carvin seven through a v3. its a camera mic but imo captures the tone pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiRug7MpDyo&feature=channel_page

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
no one who posted here has listened to codyyy's stuff, have they - youtube it.

axechain

ByoSeven
Reaction score
ive tried them both and didn`t like the V3 but i love the sound of the Legacy so juicy and natural. if you whant that sound you can get it with eq or dist/boost pedal and a legacy

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
or you could X100B it and get carvin's best amp to date for less than the V3 - the original X100B's are/were damn cheap.