Celstion G12K speakers

• Thread starter Kotex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
How do they sound? Any ideas how they would sound with a Sunn Model T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C-PIG

Reaction score
i have a k100 in my combo its pretty awesome , definately a metal speaker has tons of bottom without the shrill highs of the 75t or the massive mid hump of the v30 , but it isn't scooped either , its also got some grit to it which i like.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
G12K's are awesome.

I used to have a Laney VC50 combo that some one put CL80's in. Took them out because I didn't like them and replaced them with G12K's and was incredibly happy with them. The perfect speaker for metal, but also pretty good for clean tones (clean Jazz and big open chords).

Reaction score
I tried them and didn't like them..they seemed too bright to me. Of course I was using them to replace to Vader Custom Legends, so I suppose I was used to a darker tone. The Vaders went back in.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
G12K's are awesome.

I used to have a Laney VC50 combo that some one put CL80's in. Took them out because I didn't like them and replaced them with G12K's and was incredibly happy with them. The perfect speaker for metal, but also pretty good for clean tones (clean Jazz and big open chords).

What a coincidence, I had exactly the same experience! The VC50 really sounds better with a G12K100.

Don't know how it will sound with a Sunn Model T, but you can expect a lot of headroom/breath, fine articulation in the lower frequencies and a extra weight ;)

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used the G12K-85s for years. They're bright, but not shrill like the V30s, and the bottom end is smooth and full without being mushy. I've have multiple cabs and speakers over the years, and I keep coming back to these.