Changing the stacked single coil on Solar AB1.6

Steven Persson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello folks!
My first post here even though I've been lurking through the threads and messages for a while.

I've got a Solar AB1.6 guitar with a stacked single coil that I want to swap for a DiMarzio one.

The Humbucker pickup will be a DiMarzio Crunch Lab but I don't know what to put as the neck pickup. Any suggestion? I play mainly metal but I want something that produces a nice clean tone on the neck pickup or together with the Crunch Lab in the middle position. The Duncan Solar stacked single coil is splittable so that's also something I'd like to retain.

Any suggestions?

Cheers from Sweden

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Why not go with the dimarzio air norton stacked pup? Should pair pretty well I'd think.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
I put an Evolution an an Air Norton S in my AB 1.6.

While the Evolution ist the best sounding pickup I ever used I am not very happy with the Air Norton S in the neck. Ist not bright enough for my taste and when compared to the Evo.
I think I'll try the Dimarzio Chopper instead.

Anyway I love the Evo as much for lead as for rythm so there's just no real need to get the Chopper yet.

Last edited:

Steven Persson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, Air Norton S and the Chopper are two options but I need to hear some demoing first.